Free Member
Jul 14, 2015
Jarrow, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We've read it so many times about funsters having the same dilemma as us after calling in at the motorhome dealers on the way home and now we're in turmoil. We've just looked at a 2009 Carado A366 for £29,995 and were quite impressed with the layout and how bright and spacious it appears inside. It's only a year younger than our van and has done 6,500 miles, 9,500 miles less than us. We probably shouldn't but we're talking about going for another look tomorrow to check out storage, the feel of it, weight limits etc. However, as we've not seen this van make before, and there's very few used models for sale, we wondered if anyone had any knowledge of this model and advice on what we need to look out for.

Also, we thought £5000 to swap was a good deal. However, we also know how our van has performed in the last 5 years, how much it has cost us to run and that it is currently mechanically and habitationally sound so is it worth shelling out to swap. The biggest selling point for me is that the Carado comes with a 3 year warranty something that we don't have with our current van. We're torn. Would you change or swap?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I would check what the warranty covers if its mainly the mechanicals £5000 is a lot to pay for a 3 year warranty!!! The mileage difference doesn't really matter they are both hardly used our very similar 2009 flash3 had done 42000 when we swapped 2 years ago on the same base (if its a transit) and still felt like new. If yours has done 16k miles in 7 years its only 2500 miles a year so the warranty is for 7500 miles less than a lot of vans do in 3 months!!!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
My ownership of a Carado T132 for 6 months has been quite happy, its well made, does not rattle and the only issue I had from new with it was a mis-aligned kitchen blind, which took me 5 mins to fix. I wonder how many owners can say that of a van ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
My ownership of a Carado T132 for 6 months has been quite happy, its well made, does not rattle and the only issue I had from new with it was a mis-aligned kitchen blind, which took me 5 mins to fix. I wonder how many owners can say that of a van ?
I think lots have no problems or minor niggles I also think some tend to look for problems more than others!!

OP
OP
Steve-n-Mags

Steve-n-Mags

Free Member
Jul 14, 2015
Jarrow, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the helpful information. We've been for a second look today. Had we walked into the showroom looking for our first van then this would have been it but today we also realised the change would give us very little more than we've got now for the outlay. We're sure this van will sell soon and give another family great pleasure.

Thanks again for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back