Its worth a phone call (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Just received my renewal From Saga, they had put up my insurance for our A class by £65 on top of last years premium. to around £316. I phoned them to have a moan and got a mealy mouthed excuse it was because of an increase in insurance tax and because insurance had gone up generally.

So back to the Caravan Club, exactly the same cover and £204, Yes £204. Saga said they couldn't get near that figure.

A couple of phone calls saved me quite a lot so if you have a renewal my advice is not to allow your insurer to renew automatically as they would like to do but make a phone call or two.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Just received my renewal From Saga, they had put up my insurance for our A class by £65 on top of last years premium. to around £316. I phoned them to have a moan and got a mealy mouthed excuse it was because of an increase in insurance tax and because insurance had gone up generally.

So back to the Caravan Club, exactly the same cover and £204, Yes £204. Saga said they couldn't get near that figure.

A couple of phone calls saved me quite a lot so if you have a renewal my advice is not to allow your insurer to renew automatically as they would like to do but make a phone call or two.

Agreed & good advice too - we always shop around at renewal time & have never yet failed to get a cheaper quote for the same or better cover :)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
A friend of ours alternates between Saga and the Caravan Club. Saga one year, CC the next as they always put up the premium for old members but offer good rates for new ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Its always worth shopping around every year, it seems that insurance companies offer low deals to reel you in then stick it to you the following year - you would be surprised how many people just cant be bothered to shop around and just pay the renewel price every year.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Ours with Cornish Mutual went up nearly £100.
Then they had the cheek to phone us up, and ask why we hadn't renewed with them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back