LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Daughter needs new tyres for her van .... she has seen some second hand WHEELS and TYRES but they are narrower, but taller than the existing ones. I thought wider tyres are better at road holding though ... advice please. Many thanks.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If they are taller and narrower, they just aren't right ,don't do it, apart from being dangerous they probably would catch on the body when turning.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Buy the best you can afford..... It's only 4 square inches x4 that connects you to the road and I want that 4 inches to be of the best grip I can afford....(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Agree with whats already said. Dont do it for even if they fit who knows how old they are or what life they have had. Nothing worse than a tyre rubbing when you hit a pot hole.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Daughter needs new tyres for her van .... she has seen some second hand WHEELS and TYRES but they are narrower, but taller than the existing ones. I thought wider tyres are better at road holding though ... advice please. Many thanks.
What size now & what is she thinking of fitting?

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Joy ring me on 07802 661334(y)
best regards Brian & Jo

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Construction and use of the vehicle demands that you use tyres/wheels as specified by the manufacturer. Changing either could a: create a serious danger and loss of control of the vehicle and b: invalidate your insurance and finally leave you open to one hell of a claim in court. There are lots of tyre and wheel sizes specs rubber compounds etc and yours have been specified for that vehicle for a very specific reason

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks everyone... in telephone communication now with funster and obtaining size of wheels and tyres from daughter and so hopefully will be sorted. As usual, thanks to Fun. :)

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back