Motorhome safety recalls: Ducato, Transit, Boxer, Relay and Auto-Trail

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Ignition switch done two weeks ago. Booked in next week for replacement instrument pod. Expecting another recall in April to sort out speedo illumination. All of these found or advised through Motorhomefun. Most before Fiat dealership knew about them!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ignition switch replaced last week
Also found out that Fiat guarantee had not been activated/registered - sorted now

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I also found that. Had to send copy of V5 to Fiat. Also happened to a friend of mine with a new MH. Seems it wasn't only my dealer who slipped up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I have a ducato chassis in the low 200's of the vin numbers quoted built a few weeks before Oct 2014 then, which is not subject to the recall but I am getting the ABS lights and a couple of others come on when I put on cruise control. The ABS light is also kind of greyed out when the instrument panel is lit, so definitely a problem of some sort. Which makes me think this issue is wider than FIAT have admitted to!

So just as well I got the oil and filter changed well before the 2 year recommended service then, as that oil had already been sitting in the engine nearly a year before I bought it, which would make it 3 years old!!!!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Seems a lot of recalls from the same stable of vehicle manufacturers...does it just effect motorhomes or is it all of the chassis inc vans etc. ??

Silverg

Free Member
Dec 18, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you - just checked and we are just out of the vin no range - thanks again

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We picked up our MH in May 14 (new). When the cruise control is turned on the warning light comes about an attempted theft! The one with padlock on it. Cruise control does not work. Its booked in for its service and i mentioned this issue to the garage. They sounded confused but could it be a similar issue that others are getting?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Are not new vehicles shit,,had a new Fiat in 2008,,could not get rid of it quick enough. Don't worry about lights flashing on my dashboard now in my 20 year old van. Done four trouble free tours of Spain and Portugal in the old girl now.:):):)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
We picked up our MH in May 14 (new). When the cruise control is turned on the warning light comes about an attempted theft! The one with padlock on it. Cruise control does not work. Its booked in for its service and i mentioned this issue to the garage. They sounded confused but could it be a similar issue that others are getting?
Mine was probably built around the same time as yours and I get that light plus the ABS warning light come on when I switch on cruise control but my cruise control works. Looks like FIAT have another issue to deal with!!!

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Mine was probably built around the same time as yours and I get that light plus the ABS warning light come on when I switch on cruise control but my cruise control works. Looks like FIAT have another issue to deal with!!!

Interesting ! When i mentioned to The garage they did sound confused, it us going in to the garage in March so will let you know what happens.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Interesting ! When i mentioned to The garage they did sound confused, it us going in to the garage in March so will let you know what happens.
Please do I have yet to test the ABS but I am hoping it's just the dash that is faulty.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ignition switch replaced last week
Also found out that Fiat guarantee had not been activated/registered - sorted now
Same happened to me Robert - had to send copy of V5 via email, and now sorted

I have a ducato chassis in the low 200's of the vin numbers quoted built a few weeks before Oct 2014 then, which is not subject to the recall but I am getting the ABS lights and a couple of others come on when I put on cruise control. The ABS light is also kind of greyed out when the instrument panel is lit, so definitely a problem of some sort. Which makes me think this issue is wider than FIAT have admitted to!
That is a different problem to the ignition switch problem. I am not on the recall list for the ignition switch but I have glowing warning lights. That is not subject to a recall as such but Fiat Pro dealers are authorised to fix it if you report it. Took it to my local dealer and they ordered the part (new instrument cluster) and hope to have it fixed this Thursday.

We also have the lack of lights on the instruments problem and we are on Fiat's list for correction in the spring. Speaking to their very helpful customer care department they are not sure if the new instrument cluster I am having fitted this week will cure the lighting problem, so I will check when it is done and report back to them.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I'm also registered with Fiat for the speedo readability issue and have my MH booked in for an instrument cluster chnge this Thursday. I don't think it will be any easier to read as I don't think Fiat will have it sorted until March.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Fiat customer care phoned me today and said that they have checked with the dealer this morning and they confirm that the instrument cluster has been delivered, so it will be fitted on Thursday (they were on back order). I too am not holding out any great hopes that it will solve the lighting problem as well, but if it does that will be a bonus. After all the only thing they are doing is making the instrument light come on when you switch on the ignition rather than only when you switch on the lights as well.

But again a great service from Fiat customer care who have exceeded my expectations over the last few weeks.

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
We bought ours three weeks ago and I have just checked with the dealer and the Ignition switch replaced on the 27/01 - phew...

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Same happened to me Robert - had to send copy of V5 via email, and now sorted

That is a different problem to the ignition switch problem. I am not on the recall list for the ignition switch but I have glowing warning lights. That is not subject to a recall as such but Fiat Pro dealers are authorised to fix it if you report it. Took it to my local dealer and they ordered the part (new instrument cluster) and hope to have it fixed this Thursday.

We also have the lack of lights on the instruments problem and we are on Fiat's list for correction in the spring. Speaking to their very helpful customer care department they are not sure if the new instrument cluster I am having fitted this week will cure the lighting problem, so I will check when it is done and report back to them.
Thanks for the info, hopefully my ABS is fully operational then (y) I will have to wait for the repair but can live with just faulty lights.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for the info, hopefully my ABS is fully operational then (y) I will have to wait for the repair but can live with just faulty lights.
The warning light glows rather than being fully lit. You can see the difference by turning on the ignition and seeing how bright the lights are before they go out. If the ABS light remains fully lit after a few seconds (rather than just glowing) then you may well have a problem with your ABS.

But this fault you should not wait until it is recalled - go to your Fiat dealer and he will be able to check it and order the instrument cluster and get it fixed.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
OK, just got back from the garage with new fitted instrument cluster. The good news is that it has solved the glowing warning lights problem, as it was supposed to. The bad news is that it has not solved the problem of the poor visibility of the instruments - the light is still not coming on without the headlights on. So that will have to wait until later in the spring for a further visit to the garage.

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
My 2015 Burstner Fiat was recalled for ignition switch and I delayed until they had up-grade for instrument cluster. Went in two weeks ago and had both done but makes no difference at all ! I still can't read instruments !!

Garage said they installed new soft ware but didn't know what to expect !!

Spoke to Fiat Proffesional who have had me book it in again and they will phone dealer on day and talk them through it. Apparantly dash board lights will illuminate with ignition rather than waiting for headlights to be switched on. Dash will be lit ALL of the time when driving. It will be a help but not sure it will be enough ?? I'll report back.

N

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back