HOW MUCH STUFF DO YOU NEED . (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just doing the same. Going out to buy a small shed this morning to put it all in. Bet the van will fly when its empty. BUSBY:):):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Out of interest Marvic, out of all of your stuff, how many items would you say that you've not used in the last six trips?
(Excluding any emergency items/spares/tools)

I have a tag axle with an uprated payload and think that I'm going to have to do the same task - I've forgotten what's in there!

OP
OP
Marvic
Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Out of interest Marvic, out of all of your stuff, how many items would you say that you've not used in the last six trips?
(Excluding any emergency items/spares/tools)

I have a tag axle with an uprated payload and think that I'm going to have to do the same task - I've forgotten what's in there!
40% of the stuff .3 side tables ,4 hot plates cables4. To much cleaning gear. and lots more. Marvic

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We seem to keep gathering crap useless things we can do without. Mum keeps buying and cllaims she either needs it or it wont take up too much room.
One of these days when it stops raing long enough Im going to put it all on a pile and show her just how much room these wee items amount to.....And I hope you are reading this Mum :)

OP
OP
Marvic
Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Just out interest. Do you put stuff in to cater for guest. Or would for interest put only put 2 of everything. I.e plates cups .knives forks:love:

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We seem to collect chairs - it's like we're at a conference.
We have a chair for every occasion.
I'm going to buy a commode so we can line that up outside than van as well - save going inside! :ROFLMAO:

Mar 1, 2015
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Frankia 840GD
Exp
Since 2015
When we sold our caravan and bought a motorhome I sorted out my stuff that I wanted to get rid off. I put it into 3 separate heaps. Needed. Never Used and Emergency. The never used was over 50% of my weight. (That does not include the wife. She is used for cooking)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
An old tip from doing lightweight seakayaking trips were everything is in the boat which I now use with the van. When we return from trip make three piles, things we used, things we might have used if weather etc had been different and things we didn't need. Right down whats in piles 1 and 2 - next time that's all your allowed.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
When we sold our caravan and bought a motorhome I sorted out my stuff that I wanted to get rid off. I put it into 3 separate heaps. Needed. Never Used and Emergency. The never used was over 50% of my weight. (That does not include the wife. She is used for cooking)
Ditto.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just out interest. Do you put stuff in to cater for guest. Or would for interest put only put 2 of everything. I.e plates cups .knives forks:love:
We have 4 of crockery and cutlery. I also have a pack of paper plates I tend to use when mums not around to cook and clean.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I'm as bad with chairs, but dont take them all with us, we always have 4 of dishes and cutlery and add an extra set when taking 3 grandchildren at a time. We changed last year, old awning doesn't fit, so now have 2 anyone wanting a sunncamp 390 let me know. we could do a deal. It's been well used, but no tears or anything. godsend on rainy days in the middle of nowhere with the boys. I take stuff out, so there is some space, which John promptly fills grrrr. should be used to it he is the same at home. surprised we can get his car and motorbike in the garage, its almst a double one too.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Terry is a horder,he keeps stuff that's broken even, I have to get rid when he's not looking.
I bought him a new brown leather coat for christmas as his zip had broken in the other one, he has another one ( black one )apart from that (kept for best), he still won't throw the one with the broken zip. (He MIGHT get it fixed) pfft men! !
It took me 6 months to persuade him to throw a rusty satellite dish, we had a new 65cm one but the other one MIGHT come in handy!
The things we carry! !

OP
OP
Marvic
Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We seem to keep gathering crap useless things we can do without. Mum keeps buying and cllaims she either needs it or it wont take up too much room.
One of these days when it stops raing long enough Im going to put it all on a pile and show her just how much room these wee items amount to.....And I hope you are reading this Mum :)
Wife mad on table cloths. 10 .15 tea towels. Don't get me going. On the wardrobe contents

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I'm in the process of de cluttering too. I want to get everything we need for a two week trip, full gas bottles, fuel tank and half a tank of fresh water. All the clothes we might need and basic foodstuffs and then I'm going to the weighbridge to see exactly what we do weigh with a view to having solar panels fitted. Let's see what happens.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Four of everything for us (y)

Mike Kiff

Free Member
Feb 20, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 1995
Good morning from north Devon (new member)
Just emptied our 9 mt tag axle with a 1500kg pay load as we have a new van on its way.

Oh hell, new van only 7mt and 500kg pay load, So lots of things for sale.

Honda eu10l Generator (never used) with charging leads £495 Ono .
Hook up leads from £8 to £15
Old camping chairs etc.

Mike

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Any space I liberate is filled up by swmbo. Why do we need so many clothes? Always a couple of nice dresses in case we go anywhere posh, we never have and with two dogs never likely to either. I occasionally clear out the kitchen utensils, 3 of everything, but she always notices.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Cushions!!!! Say no more!!;)
Is there anyone that can tell me what they are for? They clutter up the sofa and first job is to move them so I can sit down!
We have fixed bed with wardrobe either side, one is hers and the other one is hers.
Mine is the sock draw !!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Cushions!!!! Say no more!!;)

I have the made cushion covers for the spare quilts / fleece blankets to go in. I use cushions in the small of my back and behind my head, back of the neck or under my legs.

Crockery etc. we tend to have three or four of most things. If any more that 2 extra people we'd have to get them to bring their own or but best American China (paper plates).

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We have at least 4 of crockery and glassware, but approx. 6 of cutlery* - this is cos we just took it out of the caravan cutlery drawer (and they used to go on hols in the caravan with their 2 daughters, whichever foster kids they had, sometimes his mum, several dogs/puppies and sometimes on CC summer holiday rallies there would be other families from E Warks already there and they'd land up with other people's daughters too when their mum & dad had to go home at the end of their hols but the kids didn't.

I hate it - anyone offering someone a cuppa/glass of whatever and then having to ask em to bring their own cup/glass!

I really don't expect people to carry a full 12 place dinner/tea service round with them 'in case'- but would expect 2 people to have things in 4s and 4 people, 6. However - 1 person probably needs 3 ! That's unfair LOL

* other than teaspoons - they breed, both in the van and at home.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The amount of crap you absolutely can't do without will expand or contract to suit the available space.

Proven scientific fact (y)

Don't worry about it, there's nothing you can do.

So true....BUSBY.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We have had a mega clear out. Crockery, cutlery, cups, glasses and pans. If we have visitors they'll have to bring their own stuff. Amazing what you really don't need. We have actually got some spare cupboard space now. Plenty of room for the spare cushions and towels!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back