Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
HI JUST A WARNING TO ANYONE WITH A TT. 720 GO . IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO MAP UPGRADES BE AWARE THAT THE LATEST UPGRADE WILL COCK-UP YOUR DEVICE. WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT YOU CONNECT AS USUAL THE VARIOUS UPDATES ON CAMERAS ETC ARE DOWNLOADED , THE OLDER MAP IS TAKEN OFF THE NEWER MAP PUT ON AUTOMATICALLY THEN AFTERWARDS A MESSAGE APPEARS ON YOUR DEVICE "YOU CANNOT USE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE" RESULT=KAPUT. THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE ON 520/720/920 DEVICES I PHONED TOM-TOM THIS MORNING AND THEY ARE WORKING OUT A SOLUTION --NONE IS PRESENTLY AVAILABLE BE AWARE:cry::cry::cry:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
HI JUST A WARNING TO ANYONE WITH A TT. 720 GO . IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO MAP UPGRADES BE AWARE THAT THE LATEST UPGRADE WILL COCK-UP YOUR DEVICE. WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT YOU CONNECT AS USUAL THE VARIOUS UPDATES ON CAMERAS ETC ARE DOWNLOADED , THE OLDER MAP IS TAKEN OFF THE NEWER MAP PUT ON AUTOMATICALLY THEN AFTERWARDS A MESSAGE APPEARS ON YOUR DEVICE "YOU CANNOT USE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE" RESULT=KAPUT. THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE ON 520/720/920 DEVICES I PHONED TOM-TOM THIS MORNING AND THEY ARE WORKING OUT A SOLUTION --NONE IS PRESENTLY AVAILABLE BE AWARE:cry::cry::cry:

I guess with any upgrade a backup is essential:thumb:

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Silly thing is it is backed up ,both new and old maps are stored but Tom-Tom application wont let you instal the older(working) map to the device . I had deleted the new map off the device but there is no way to re-instal the old map even though Tom-Tom stored both on my laptop . Alan:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I have a GO720T and have upgraded to Western Europe Vers. 830.2305 with no problems. Which map version caused the problem ?

Can you not rebuild from your backup map ?

Pete:Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Silly thing is it is backed up ,both new and old maps are stored but Tom-Tom application wont let you instal the older(working) map to the device . I had deleted the new map off the device but there is no way to re-instal the old map even though Tom-Tom stored both on my laptop . Alan:Doh:

Hi

This is probably due to the map protection that TT use to prevent using updates on more than one unit .. or selling them on .. in your case it's probably deleted the old key for your original map so it won't re install... :Sad:

hope that made sense and you get it resolved soon

jim

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Same version ie. 830.2305 is what i am trying to instal , i have tried a re-instal by removing still no joy . I did have this map available for maybe 2 weeks but 3 dongling not appropriate for 1.7gb. tried at brothers broadband did it in 2 hours but even though a secure steady supply it stopped and had to resume 2-3 times dont know if this resulted in a corrupted download. Alan

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Same version ie. 830.2305 is what i am trying to instal , i have tried a re-instal by removing still no joy . I did have this map available for maybe 2 weeks but 3 dongling not appropriate for 1.7gb. tried at brothers broadband did it in 2 hours but even though a secure steady supply it stopped and had to resume 2-3 times dont know if this resulted in a corrupted download. Alan

I had a problem with an earlier upgrade in similar circumstances, but not with the message you have. Mine just would not start at all. I ended up having to reformat the drive and then reload from an earlier backup. Worked for me at the time.

Pete:Cool:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
have a look through these click here

Sometimes a hard reset can sort things out?

TT tech are fairly good at sorting out problems

it could be your TT is corrupted as you say, at one time i had a similar problem, and had to use the TT clear flash tool which sorted it out .

click here

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully if you use this tool

regards

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
how to please

having never updated my TT700 europe maps what is the procedure to update the maps does it go to any particular folder?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back