Carver heater and naughty wife! (1 Viewer)

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hi, we have just had a fantastic week away in lovely norfolk, stayed at walnut farm at waxham total bliss! I wondered why the heater would not work when on 16 amp hook up? the van has been in storage since new year with the fresh water drained, my wife plugged the van in at home to vacuum out before our trip and turned the hot water switch on with the hoover without realising, hopefully there is a fuse?? and it could just be that i will post pic of switch, its a 1999 autotrail mohican, cheers steve. sorry cant find pic the switch is the one nearest the floor in the front seating area.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not sure about your particular model but many heaters/water heaters have a thermal cut out switch in case of overheating.
Is there any mention of such a thing in your instruction manual, or on line for the manufacturers website?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
If its a carver cascade there is a red reset button on the top of the cable cover on the back of the heater.

Mike

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Did you make sure the heater was full of water with no airlocks? Done that one myself :rolleyes:

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
I'm not sure about your particular model but many heaters/water heaters have a thermal cut out switch in case of overheating.
Is there any mention of such a thing in your instruction manual, or on line for the manufacturers website?
Hi i have had a week away with all the manuals, ours is a cascade rapide 1999 model no joy as it works fine when heated with propane gas.

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
If its a carver cascade there is a red reset button on the top of the cable cover on the back of the heater.

Mike
Hi, the heater works fine on gas as we have used it for the last week, the electric heater was on with no water in heater, seems strange it works on gas but not electric, is the back of the heater nearest the outside of the van?

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Tha back of the heater is the other end away from the outside and if you look at the cover where the power cable goes in there will be a little red button.

Mike

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Tha back of the heater is the other end away from the outside and if you look at the cover where the power cable goes in there will be a little red button.

Mike
Bet you can tell we are new to all this! found the little red button plugged in to mains and reset hope its ok how long on average does mains take to heat the water?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Bet you can tell we are new to all this! found the little red button plugged in to mains and reset hope its ok how long on average does mains take to heat the water?

You will soon find out - to full heat from cold a couple of hours but half an hour will give you a good clue - you may also hear ticking noises as it warms up

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Give it 20 minutes and it should be warm but make sure the heater is on electric only as it can run on both gas and electric as well to heat the water quickly

Mike

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Give it 20 minutes and it should be warm but make sure the heater is on electric only as it can run on both gas and electric as well to heat the water quickly

Mike
fantastic! water nice and hot thanks for your help, i thought i was in for a big repair bill, joining this site is worth its weight in gold and we love you all. nade and steve.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I was just thinking that if I had a naughty wife, I would not need a carver heater ;)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I was just thinking that if I had a naughty wife, I would not need a carver heater ;)

Hi.
And i was thinking..... Now the water heater is mended,you will be keeping it,so,if the "Naughty Wife" is being "Off Hired",my address is..... LOL
Tea Bag

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
She is used to dog hair so you never know lol.:ROFLMAO:

Hi.
I hope your good lady doesn't read this,otherwise,your P45 will be home before YOU are LOL.
Tea Bag

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Portugal,but do "Airport Transfers...." A speciality being, meeting unaccompanied "Ladies"
Tea Bag.
PS. I tell first wife i am going....... Bird watching.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back