Anyone heard of qdos breakdown insurance (2 Viewers)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
just had my greenflag European annual renewal thingy through the post £129.21 so got to googling and come up with this firm , in the blurb there's not an atom of difference in what they offer but they are only £69, now obviously I know you don't know how good they are till you breakdown, just wondered if anyone has used them or can shed any light, this is their link
http://www.qdosbreakdown.co.uk
Thanks in advance if anyone can help(y):)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I regard Breakdown Cover like going into William Hill, (other forms of throwing your money away are available.)

I'm having a bet with??????.
I give them money and I'm betting that I will break down. They're betting I won't.

The cheaper the Cover, the better my odds are.
If I break down, they pay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I regard Breakdown Cover like going into William Hill, (other forms of throwing your money away are available.)

I'm having a bet with??????.
I give them money and I'm betting that I will break down. They're betting I won't.

The cheaper the Cover, the better my odds are.
If I break down, they pay.
So do you think they are worth a punt or should I stick with the favourite (n)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This is the 'Killer' for me.
(In the T&C's)
  • Annual EU Cover: 60 days cover (31 days maximum in any one trip)
The next one down is 90 days a year but again, only a month abroad (2Gether)
Next one down (Rescue my car) is sub3500kgs
Next one down Green Flag @ £90 covers 90 days but there's a lot of detail. I haven't found yet whether there's a weight limit. Oh yes it has. Thats sub 3500kgs as well. plus less than 7mts long and less than 3mtrs in height.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I might add that I didn't pay greenflag that much last year , I got a special deal from topcashback that got fifty per cent off so in effect is the same price.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is the 'Killer' for me.
(In the T&C's)
  • Annual EU Cover: 60 days cover (31 days maximum in any one trip)
Yeah but greenflag is the same length of trip but you do get 90 days

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I began with this thread thinking that I should have got my breakdown seperate to 'Van Insurance but, on reflection I got a good deal with AIB.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No one know then:(

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
As they say at the madhouse, (Parliament) I refer my honourable frind to the comment I made at eer. 3.20pm 18th Feb.

ie AIB

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I used them twice, last year and 2014 both for trips to France,Spain,Slovenia,Italy and Switzerland but it was for a Panel van and i cant recall any weight limit at the said time of purchase - like others have said you never know how good they are until you need them, just looking at them again but as i have a bigger heavier van i cant seem to find any information about it

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Anyone interested in QDOS but are unable to find out their policies here is a reply from them for a inquiry i made earlier.
The quote i received for full Annual UK & European breakdown cover which includes Roadside & Recovery, Home Start - Doorstep Cover, National Recovery & Onward Journey £62.99

Thanks for getting back to me. The QDOS Breakdown policies cover vehicles up to 8 metres long, 3.4 metres high, 2.5 metres wide and 4.25 tonnes including any load. We cover vehicles up to 16 years old in the UK, up to 13 years old for European single trips, and up to 9 years old for annual UK and European policies.
If a breakdown in Europe couldn't be repaired at the roadside, the Qdos Breakdown recovery agent would take the car, along with you and your passengers, to the nearest suitable garage.
If the garage couldn't complete the repair that same day but it would be done the next day, the policy covers up to £125 per insured person for overnight accommodation.
If the repair work was going to take longer but would be completed before the end of your trip, we would cover up to £750 for the cost of either taking you, your passengers and luggage to your destination or for arranging a replacement hire vehicle until your own car was ready.
However if the vehicle wasn’t repaired by the end of the trip we would arrange transport to bring you and your passengers back home. We would also cover either up to the market value of the vehicle in the cost of returning it to the UK as well, or the travel costs for one person to return and collect the vehicle once repairs were completed in Europe.

If you have any further queries or would like a quote for a policy, please email me back or call me on 0800 440 2417.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We had qdos for our old car. One breakdown, well double puncture, a local garage attended, no complaints.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone interested in QDOS but are unable to find out their policies here is a reply from them for a inquiry i made earlier.
The quote i received for full Annual UK & European breakdown cover which includes Roadside & Recovery, Home Start - Doorstep Cover, National Recovery & Onward Journey £62.99

Thanks for getting back to me. The QDOS Breakdown policies cover vehicles up to 8 metres long, 3.4 metres high, 2.5 metres wide and 4.25 tonnes including any load. We cover vehicles up to 16 years old in the UK, up to 13 years old for European single trips, and up to 9 years old for annual UK and European policies.
If a breakdown in Europe couldn't be repaired at the roadside, the Qdos Breakdown recovery agent would take the car, along with you and your passengers, to the nearest suitable garage.
If the garage couldn't complete the repair that same day but it would be done the next day, the policy covers up to £125 per insured person for overnight accommodation.
If the repair work was going to take longer but would be completed before the end of your trip, we would cover up to £750 for the cost of either taking you, your passengers and luggage to your destination or for arranging a replacement hire vehicle until your own car was ready.
However if the vehicle wasn’t repaired by the end of the trip we would arrange transport to bring you and your passengers back home. We would also cover either up to the market value of the vehicle in the cost of returning it to the UK as well, or the travel costs for one person to return and collect the vehicle once repairs were completed in Europe.

If you have any further queries or would like a quote for a policy, please email me back or call me on 0800 440 2417.

Not much good for a motorhome really if repair is going to take more than a day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back