Oct 27, 2015
Wakefield, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
T-620 Ford Tribute
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all
Well finally got round to doing our maiden voyage out in the MH (and me doing all the driving, well proud).....well perhaps not such a voyage as we only did an hours journey to York.

The weather has been very kind to us and we were snug inside. It was chaotic in the MH because we had no organisation where to put things but we will learn.

It didn't really turn out as planned though, as we thought we will use on site toilet etc., (one less thing to empty)....Mmmm so we had a bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate in the space of 15 mins, caught a taxi into york, found a Bistro ordered a bottle of red....and then god knows what possessed me I ordered Fish & Chips!! Not a very good combination...to cut long story short the bathroom was christened!! Its true you know....the colour Blue (toilet disinfectant) and Red (wine) goes Green, voila. Perhaps too much personal information but you have to just laugh when the best laid plans an all, go wrong ha ha.

Anyway she has been christened now in more ways than one, and the start of many more journeys...tea total next time.

Thanks for all the information that is put on here it really helped.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Doesn't matter how far you go, just get out and enjoy(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Haha good weekend then :LOL:. Yes your right you need to find a place for everything and everything must be in it's place. (y)

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
@Giddy Lynn :wine: The same thing happened to me when we went out n ours for the first time too, 8 years ago !
AND it was at York ( Acaster Malbis ) though the pub was just over the road. It involved a bottle of champers to celebrate the new MH, and fish n chips , then copious amounts of red wine in the pub too. Scary thing is we're from Wakefield ........ :rofl:
Have to say it's never happened since. ( in the Motorhome anyway!)
But last Friday we met some friends at our local in Wrenthorpe for a couple of drinks before tea time. We ended up leaving at 11.30 pm . Nearly 8 hours . :wine::drink::cheers::whistle2:
I went to bed once home , after a fried egg sandwich !
Then woke up at 3am in the same predicament. Never again!
Till another 8 years.....I blame having no tea.
Enjoy your new Motorhome.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Motorhomes are fun, sounds as if you are finding out, look forward to hearing more tales. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Giddy Lynn

Giddy Lynn

Free Member
Oct 27, 2015
Wakefield, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
T-620 Ford Tribute
Exp
I'm a newbie
@Giddy Lynn :wine: The same thing happened to me when we went out n ours for the first time too, 8 years ago !
AND it was at York ( Acaster Malbis ) though the pub was just over the road. It involved a bottle of champers to celebrate the new MH, and fish n chips , then copious amounts of red wine in the pub too. Scary thing is we're from Wakefield ........ :rofl:
Have to say it's never happened since. ( in the Motorhome anyway!)
But last Friday we met some friends at our local in Wrenthorpe for a couple of drinks before tea time. We ended up leaving at 11.30 pm . Nearly 8 hours . :wine::drink::cheers::whistle2:
I went to bed once home , after a fried egg sandwich !
Then woke up at 3am in the same predicament. Never again!
Till another 8 years.....I blame having no tea.
Enjoy your new Motorhome.

Ha ha how freaky is that, maybe its the Waky air!! Just looking at your wine icons is making me feel ill. Where about in Wakefield? We are WF4 near Flockton and Emley.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back