Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Right, I've introduced myself, and declared my love of sentences with lot's of comas, so it's time to dive in with some really stupid questions.

When I buy a car, the price on the windscreen is seen by both parties as a starting position for us both to treat like opposite poles of a compass. I try to get as far away from it and he (usually) as close. Is it the same with motorhome dealers, I have to state that my very limited experience of them so far is that they are not that bothered about taking my cash. Now I don't look loaded (in fact I look a bit carp if I'm honest), and I always trail my financial drains along with me for effect but.... do we haggle furiously or is the price the price?

I looked at an Auto Roller 600G yesterday, anybody owned one these, love them / hate them. They appear to be good value for money, are they, or are they cheap? (I mean relatively of course).

Where do you park these things around a normal let's say seaside town, parking spaces are just about big enough for my Volvo, but it's tight, and sometimes we just have to sit and watch the world go by as we can't open the doors, where the heck does one of these fit?

Enough for now, gotta do some work some time!

Dave

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is it the same with motorhome dealers, I have to state that my very limited experience of them so far is that they are not that bothered about taking my cash.

Where do you park these things around a normal let's say seaside town

Dave

Like any commodity, if a dealer wants to shift a MH then he'll deal, it he's got a nice little earner you might get it taxed and MOTed.

You park them with great difficulty. That's why people carry a spare car, bike, scooter or in our case pushbikes - electric of course.

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi
No same as a car. you try and get the best deal possible, either in price or price & goodies.

In my opinion earlier Auto roller were the cheaper end, but of late seem better.

Parking always a problem:Doh: in seaside towns but at least with the motorhome you can use places not so popular, if its the beach you want, as you have all mod cons with you. Park and Ride can sometimes be a way round getting into more popular places, worth looking at, sometimes they can be quite cheap.
Don't forget the good old supermarket car parks if they aren't packed good for an hour or two normally.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
HAGGLE Everytime. You will get better discounts than you can at car dealerships. Don't be afraid to "insult" the dealers with a low price. Remember the price you pay will always be somewhere between, what you offer and the sticker price, so don't offer what you consider is a fair price, offer way under, thousands under::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Where do you park these things around a normal let's say seaside town said:
You won't be able to park a 25 footer in a town...........or even a 36 footer............so you might as well buy a 36 footer :thumb:

Boo

Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
You won't be able to park a 25 footer in a town...........or even a 36 footer............so you might as well buy a 36 footer :thumb:

Boo

Love the logic :roflmto:
But a 36 footer wouldn't fit on my drive - but then nor will a 25 footer. So....

Buy a 21 footer. :thumb:

John

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
HAGGLE Everytime. You will get better discounts than you can at car dealerships. Don't be afraid to "insult" the dealers with a low price. Remember the price you pay will always be somewhere between, what you offer and the sticker price, so don't offer what you consider is a fair price, offer way under, thousands under::bigsmile:

Jim can I have a a checklist for 50p?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If so I will take 500.....................

Upvote 0
S

Shubberdog

Deleted User

Boo

But you can park a 14 footer just about enywere, ::bigsmile: unless there is a hight restriction. :cry:

Upvote 0

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Guessing here since I haven't brought one yet but logic would say that the dealer is in an enviable position when buying a motorhome. Everyone knows you have to be rich to own one (sic) so he knows you are loaded and will only be haggleing for the sake of it. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Thanks All

Off on hols now for a couple of weeks, hopefully, flying Ryanair. Will ponder long and hard over a glass of Chianti and a little light antipasti.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back