Stupidly excited (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
He has, what a lovely man, even our dog likes him, and generally she is very nervous of men :D
A few jobs to finish off tomorrow, but the solar is on, new aircon is fitted, and most important, the cause of the leak was located and solved. The roof had been punctured by the previous aircon fitters.
Now sat in the van with a glass of wine, looking forward to a non leaky van from now on :D

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I've just seen @jamesvanbitz has seen this. James, you should post the pictures of the old unit on here so that people know how not to fit an aircon unit! :D

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
>>> Stupidly excited

Calm down dear, It's only a motorhome.
Ah yes but the OP has had a horrid problem for some while and very little assistance to resolve the problem, so I think he meant that he was relieved to get rid of an annoying situation(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Ah yes but the OP has had a horrid problem for some while and very little assistance to resolve the problem, so I think he meant that he was relieved to get rid of an annoying situation(y)
Exactly that, VanBitz are Superheros in my books :D

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
I've just seen @jamesvanbitz has seen this. James, you should post the pictures of the old unit on here so that people know how not to fit an aircon unit! :D
IMG_6946.JPG

The black "Dot" in the middle of the picture is a hole that was made by the original Air Conditioning installer

IMG_6947.JPG

Cleaned up a bit. The hole is very visible. This would have been done when the original vent was removed or the Air Conditioning unit installed
IMG_6938.JPG
Subsequent requests and complaints to the original Air Con installers resulted in the whole A/C being sealed in and even a "Dam" attempted to be fabricated to stop the water ingress! You have to ask where the hell they thought the water would go!

IMG_6940.JPG

It was always going to leak!

So to be fair to the OP if I had put up with a leaky roof for a while and I was dealing with incompetence I would be excited if I thought that my problem was going to be resolved lol

IMG_6944.JPG

One last one! If you Air Conditioning installer or dealer suggests that this is an OK to wire an A/C unit in, be scared, be very scared lol

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Moral of the story people, if you want a job done properly, go to the experts! I would post up the after pictures, but it's dark, and I don't have a ladder. Inside, there is damage caused by the previous installer, but that conduit is long gone!
The people in the pitch next to me must think I'm a looney, I went outside and stood on a wall to see the roof :D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Moral of the story people, if you want a job done properly, go to the experts! I would post up the after pictures, but it's dark, and I don't have a ladder. Inside, there is damage caused by the previous installer, but that conduit is long gone!
The people in the pitch next to me must think I'm a looney, I went outside and stood on a wall to see the roof :D
No wonder you were excited to get it done properly! What a shoddy job initially and thank goodness Vanbitz could rectify it before water ingress became a major problem.

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
No wonder you were excited to get it done properly! What a shoddy job initially and thank goodness Vanbitz could rectify it before water ingress became a major problem.
I knew it wasn't a great job when I got up on the roof and saw it not long after we bought the van. I just didn't realise how bad it was! I think even Eddie was shocked by how bad it was!

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
OK, I have finished my tea, and Con Air on the telly is getting boring, so here is the first 'after' pic. The tear in the roof paper is from removal of the weird conduit, the aircon has been on dehumidify for about 2 hours since this photo was taken, and it is barely noticeable now. This is how a professionally fitted aircon panel looks!
I am dead happy with how this job has progressed, I am predicting a lot of Britstops in the near future :D
new aircon.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
When we bought our last van OH asked the dealer if he could look at the roof! They were most surprised but fetched a ladder, after having a previous van that ponded and eventually caused water ingress he wanted to check. Good job he did , the roof was totally green and covered in pine needles obviously when the valet was done they didn't do the roof?! That was rectified before we drove it away. How many of us do check?(n)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm jealous. wish I could transport myself to there .... weather glorious here but dirty old town. :(

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Eddie VanBitz What a lovely man, even our dog likes him, and generally she is very nervous of men

Of course Eddie is more in touch with his feminine side than most, so your dog is bound to like him. :wink: :rofl:

...and you do realize that Eddie fitted your original Air Con when he was an apprentice just after the war! his daughter told me so.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Of course Eddie is more in touch with his feminine side than most, so your dog is bound to like him. :wink: :rofl:

...and you do realize that Eddie fitted your original Air Con when he was an apprentice just after the war! his daughter told me so.
I borrowed your perfume Ah sorry "after shave" so I smelt like a girl! Xx

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Well I have finally made it home, what a neat job Eddie and the team did on my van, I will post up photos tomorrow. I did have to test out the system whilst on route, felt very strange using the coffee machine with no hookup!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back