newbie with Hymer Exsis 562 Question (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
inverness, highland
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis I 562
Exp
since 2003
Hi All,

i thought it was time to join a proper motorhome site now that im about to pull the trigger on a hymer after years of other vans.

im looking at heading out to Germany to pick up a 2014 (2013 production year) Hymer Exsis 562. ive done all the research, spent hours on google finding out about all the good and bad bits (headlamps!) but we now know that this is the van for our needs.

my question is, ive heard that you can change the direction of the headlamps fairly easily on some Hymers (L and R 'switch' behind the lamp?), does anyone know if this is the case with the exsis 562. ther eis no way i can get a UK spec set fitted at 900 euros each!.

cheers for now

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Hi All,

i thought it was time to join a proper motorhome site now that im about to pull the trigger on a hymer after years of other vans.

im looking at heading out to Germany to pick up a 2014 (2013 production year) Hymer Exsis 562. ive done all the research, spent hours on google finding out about all the good and bad bits (headlamps!) but we now know that this is the van for our needs.

my question is, ive heard that you can change the direction of the headlamps fairly easily on some Hymers (L and R 'switch' behind the lamp?), does anyone know if this is the case with the exsis 562. ther eis no way i can get a UK spec set fitted at 900 euros each!.

cheers for now
Behind the Almond Eyes they are just standard Hella Projector lamps. A lever on the back adjusts them to flat dipping which is acceptable to the VCA.

The only problem is that you need to be a contortionist to get to the levers! On my B544SL I have found that the easiest way to do the adjustment is to remove the headlight assembly, very simple when you know how.

This is the procedure on my van, imagine yours will be very similar

Hymer headlight adjustment.

I watched a HYMER mechanic replace our n/s headlamp a year or so ago.

He removed the grey mesh grill above the light via three screws. The top two are hidden in the grill. (above).

He then extracted the three bolts allowing the headlamp unit to pull forward from the bottom. (above)

Looking at the rear..... when you remove the large rubber cap you can see the metal lever Hymie mentions. In fact, there are two (both do the same job) opposite each other.

You can make out one of the levers (left) here. It is thin, and doesn't feel substantial, but will slide about 1.5" (from memory).

So.... without removing the headlight.......If you take a good look at this last picture, remove the large rubber cap, and feel inside. The recess is quite deep, but if you keep your fingers to the edge you should be able to feel one of the levers. In fact, each one is between two cross head screws.

I can see the alignment move as I switch from one position to the other.

Re-fitting the rubber cap is straight forward.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you are importing it you should get the dealer to sort that out for you as it will need to be done prior to registering in UK as will speedo dial.
We imported our 2014 Exsis 698 last year through Bundesvan they did all the necessary including delivering it to our home saved a lot of hassle,of course you can do it all yourself good luck with it they are a great van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Buy a speedo from Lockwoods and send direct to dealer to change as well. You will need dealer to take photo with ignition on and send this to Lockwoods to get the correct model....have fun and good choice!:)

Edit...unless on Ford chassis...fiat much better!

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I imported a Hymer Exsis I 562 from Germany last February. Our mechanic changed light bulb settings fairly easily. He wouldn't touch the speedo though for fear of breaking it so we had to get someone else to fit inlay (from Lockwoods).

Mine has Ford chassis; all seems OK to me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back