Truma c3402 combi (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I think we may have a problem with the heater on our combi boiler in our hymer, but i'm not sure.

I thought the way it worked was turn control on, turn thermostat knob to max,

combi should then light does that,
then fan runs slowly, air appears from vents does that,
still running slowly air gets hotter from vents does that.

But i thought the fan speed would increase & blow more air to warm the cabin quicker
when as ours just stays the same speed, it runs so slow you can hardly hear it.

I will say the temp in the van is 6 degrees so can't be its to warm for it to run.

Anybody with the same confirm i am right, & what the problem may be ??.

Going to the highlands in a couple of weeks so need to get it sorted.

Karl

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
If its on electric then it sounds right. If on gas it should speed up if the thermostat is set to high.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I dont know which model ours is but we have to move the switch in front of the dial on the fire to fan for ours to properly get the heat to blow through the vents.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If its on electric then it sounds right. If on gas it should speed up if the thermostat is set to high.
Jez, as far as I am aware, C3402 boiler doesn't operate on 240v, nor does the earlier C6002. The later C6002 EH does.

@chippy63, what year is your MH build, and is the boiler a C3402, a C6002, or a C6002 EH

Certainly on gas, the boiler should fire up and the fan speed increase, (sounds like an aircraft engine ;) ) according to the ambient temperature detected by the thermostat. When the temperature set on the control has been reached, eg, 20-25 degrees C, the fan speed should reduce to a low maintenance speed. They really are great heaters/boilers. (y)

Good luck,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp

No electric operation, does not speed up.

Have you plenty of power in your leisure battery ?

Not battery as fully charged, & hook up connected as well.

Jez, as far as I am aware, C3402 boiler doesn't operate on 240v, nor does the earlier C6002. The later C6002 EH does.

what year is your MH build, and is the boiler a C3402, a C6002, or a C6002 EH

Certainly on gas, the boiler should fire up and the fan speed increase, (sounds like an aircraft engine ;) ) according to the ambient temperature detected by the thermostat. When the temperature set on the control has been reached, eg, 20-25 degrees C, the fan speed should reduce to a low maintenance speed. They really are great heaters/boilers. (y)

Its a c3402, year2003, i get no increase in fan speed when on heating on startup.

So i phoned truma tech hep today, & there is a test to find out if there is a fan fault, the guy told me to switch to hot water only 60 degrees, then when temp reached amber light goes off, turn knob all the down to the heat section. Fan should start instantly on full power if no fan fault.which its does. it does this to expel the air which is hottest inside the unit because the water been on without heating.

I have to phone them back tomorrow to report if this works, they will hopefully tell me whats next to try then.

Karl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@chippy63. How did you get on with the testing advice from Truma. There may be others that would benefit from the results, us included due to the age of our Truma boiler.

Cheers,

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

@chippy63, what year is your MH build, and is the boiler a C3402, a C6002, or a C6002 EH

Good luck,

We have a C3402 (also 2003 year) in our van which operates just as Jock says.

We don't turn the temperature control to max, just 5 or 6 is normally enough (maybe a bit higher for a short while if it is very cold).

I wonder if there is maybe a build up of dust in the distribution pipes which is cutting down the air flow. May be worth sticking a Hoover hose into each vent outlet to see if anything needs clearing.

If that doesn't work I would get the fan checked by an engineer.

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
@chippy63. How did you get on with the testing advice from Truma. There may be others that would benefit from the results, us included due to the age of our Truma boiler.

Cheers,

Truma tech say, as long as it blows really fast when switching from just hot hot water to heating
its working ok, the problem is its only 3 kilo watt, so cannot produce that much hot air quickly as the 6002 can which is 6 kilowatt.

I did think about swapping to a 6002 but they are quite rare now.

if does get nice & warm in the van it just takes a bit longer(y)

Karl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back