Remoska (1 Viewer)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Hi all, Have any of you guys got or have used a Remoska pan/oven. If so would it be a good investment.
Thanks all.

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
If you search on "remoska" you will find numerous threads with some great advice and recipes for using it. Also you will discover that you can import your own for less than half the Lakeland price...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
If you search on "remoska" you will find numerous threads with some great advice and recipes for using it. Also you will discover that you can import your own for less than half the Lakeland price...
Beware the imported ones, a long way to send it back if it goes wrong, Lakeland will not quibble and will always replace.

Reactions: f6c

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Agreed, but at less than half the Lakeland price for the identical product, I think this is a worthwhile risk for anyone capable of fitting a UK mains plug!
It is a worthwhile risk until it packs up!

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
@joca

My twopennorth......Remoska is not for everyone. I couldn't get on with mine at home so it never reached the van.

We use a halogen oven which travels nicely in the main oven. It probably depends what you like to cook. It seems that a Remoska might be more suited to dishes that need longer cooking e.g. braising meat, stews, which we don't eat much.

No doubt others will disagree.

Karen

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
I don't understand the point of Remoska. So it can act like an oven - so what? So can an oven, and a Remoska is an irregular shape so will be more difficult to store. The price of a Remoska is £110-£150, a really ridiculous amount of money for an upside-down frying pan. The price of a small portable oven (which will do everything a Remoska will do) is £30, or £45 for a convection oven which a Remoska can't do. You normally would have to be hooked up for either one to operate, so what is the advantage of the Remoska to justify the price difference?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
@joca

My twopennorth......Remoska is not for everyone. I couldn't get on with mine at home so it never reached the van.

We use a halogen oven which travels nicely in the main oven. It probably depends what you like to cook. It seems that a Remoska might be more suited to dishes that need longer cooking e.g. braising meat, stews, which we don't eat much.

No doubt others will disagree.

Karen
I agree,I have a small halogen oven and a small slow cooker ,the price of both came nowhere near the price of a remoska and do everything I need ..but once again each to their own . Not knocking the qualities of the remoska ,just cant justify that cost for what appears to be a glorified slow cooker.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
A Remoska is not a slow cooker it cooks as fast as a normal oven while being only low wattage (y) Meat (especially chicken) cooks & browns well but still stays moist. At home it consumes half the electric of our top oven so considerable saving on electric usage over the year. Ideal for cooking out on the patio in summer to roast food without heating up the kitchen on hot days. For those of us who don't have an oven in their motorhome it's a good substitute & again can be used outside. Lakeland prices are crazy for Remoska but Alzashop & eBay have much better prices.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Agreed, but at less than half the Lakeland price for the identical product, I think this is a worthwhile risk for anyone capable of fitting a UK mains plug!
Or just use one of these fused adaptors http://cpc.farnell.com/brennenstuhl/1508533/travel-adaptor-earthed/dp/PL11280?CMP=CPC-PLA
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It is a worthwhile risk until it packs up!
They are from the same place Lakeland get them we've had one for ages hasn't packed up yet and at half the price delivered you could afford to by new again

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Bought a second hand one on E.Bay for £45 inc delivery. Just cooked a lamb joint in it tonight at home to try it out. Brilliant,,,i did not think it would be so quick ,,,very easy to clean..It will definitely be replacing my small elec oven in the van...BUSBY.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Bought a second hand one on E.Bay for £45 inc delivery. Just cooked a lamb joint in it tonight at home to try it out. Brilliant,,,i did not think it would be so quick ,,,very easy to clean..It will definitely be replacing my small elec oven in the van...BUSBY.
Great price @busby .well done ..

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Bought one a few months ago, using it more and more even though I'm a lazy git when it comes to cooking and the aftermath of washing pots and pans (and other things not cooking-related). Think its brilliant, no need to use gas up on the oven, and being a solo full-timer its ideal size-wise for me. It's stored in the oven when I travel which finally makes use of the space (y)

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Storing it in the oven is a good idea, but where do I put the pans already stored there? Still not convinced pricewise but it's an interesting, if puzzling, concept. Rather academic however as I'm rarely ever hooked up. Back to the tinned soup on the gas I fear.

Reactions: SMB
Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
We have had two, both failed, Lakeland replaced them both. I didn't have the cheek to go back to ask for a third so stripped it to have a look inside. The quality or the lack of it was unbelievable to say they are badly made really is an understatement. These things would be better made in China and I hate their junk. If these things are more than £100 then they must be the biggest rip off ever. We have moved on to Chinese junk halogen ovens at less than £30 they fail as you would expect but cheap enough to replace.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I too have had a look inside a genuine Remoska and they are basically a circle of a heating element and an on/off switch ... that's it!

I'd rather buy 2 from abroad than one from Lakeland ... that way if one did go poof I could easily get it repaired, or do so myself (nothing much to sort out!) and still have one to use!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Beware the imported ones, a long way to send it back if it goes wrong, Lakeland will not quibble and will always replace.
Actually, the company that sells them also sells similar (chaper) products and a funster bought one and had to send it back for a refund, the company paid for the return postage and refunded without quibble ... can't complain about that at all! The funster did get 'chastised' for not spending a bit more dosh and getting a genuine Remoska from them in the first place!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I too have had a look inside a genuine Remoska and they are basically a circle of a heating element and an on/off switch ... that's it!

I'd rather buy 2 from abroad than one from Lakeland ... that way if one did go poof I could easily get it repaired, or do so myself (nothing much to sort out!) and still have one to use!
Now ,now @Minxy Girl you will get all those remoska divas foaming at the mouth with comments like that ,have you no sympathy...haha lol .

Gcs

Feb 18, 2015
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
5 years
Sat in the van at the mo, having used the Remoska (bought from Alza) for the last 3 days
i'm certainly no chef & don't do any cooking at home, but do it all when we're away.
Chicken and veg 1st night
stuffed baked potatoes last night
& just polished off Pork steaks and mediterranean veg

So easy, chuck it all in, turn on and wait, job done. No complaints and no-one got sick, quite a feat with my cooking

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back