Any suggested sites in Porto this time of year? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Having looked in my camperstop 2016 and Aires book looks like all the Porto campsites are shut?? Motorhome parking suggests 2 (service less) Aires in Porto itself one at the 'haunted house' location, cais do cavaco and one at rua do ouro. Anyone tried these ???

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Our experience is that Northern Portugal is pretty well closed to holidaymakers at this time of year. We have on other years tried to work our way up Portugal in early April finding most camp sites are closed.
I don't now of the ones you mention but have found other aires and the like also closed, they just don't expect anyone to be around this early in the season.
Maybe a bit better this year as Easter is early.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Stayed last year near airport on coast, sure its listed in ACSI or CCC, excellent resturant and walking distance to small resort and beach. Stayed one night at haunted house, no problem 5 or 6 vans on site, fair walk into Porto, but you do pass most of the port houses. We visited late April 15

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Our experience is that Northern Portugal is pretty well closed to holidaymakers at this time of year. We have on other years tried to work our way up Portugal in early April finding most camp sites are closed.
I don't now of the ones you mention but have found other aires and the like also closed, they just don't expect anyone to be around this early in the season.
Maybe a bit better this year as Easter is early.
Hope so , Well so far I have found The municipal campsite at Braga was at least open :) €11 Inc leccy. I also stayed at the aire in Vila Nova De Cerveria nr the Spanish border it was open with services and a few other vans.(y)

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Stayed last year near airport on coast, sure its listed in ACSI or CCC, excellent resturant and walking distance to small resort and beach. Stayed one night at haunted house, no problem 5 or 6 vans on site, fair walk into Porto, but you do pass most of the port houses. We visited late April 15
Thanks for that, (y)they are not in the new ACSI book as far as I can see, which by my recent experience may mean they have dumped the scheme but not the ACSI logo on their website!!!! Its not clear if they are open but sent them a mail. Thanks again.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back