No 12v power in habitation area (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
I have a Y plate Hobby 600 on a Ducati chassis.
About 2weeks ago all was fine and everything was working ok. Today I went into it and there's no 12v to the lights, water pump, TV booster, but the fridge ignition works and the fridge runs on 12v when the engine is running. There is also 12v to the TV which runs direct to the TV via a separate switch direct from the leisure battery. All 4 circuit breakers seem fine.
The engine starts perfectly and even when running there is no 12 volt to the hab area. At present I cant get it onto mains to see what happens then until the weekend.
The only fuse in the engine compartment I can find seems fine.
Batteries show about 13 volts on the display voltmeters and the ammeter is dead centre with no charge or discharge.
Anybody any ideas what could be wrong.

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
I've put it on mains hook up and the control panel shows the leisure batteries are fully charged.
The fuses on the leisure batteries are intact. Ive taken the control panel off and there doesn't appear to be any 12 volt feeds to be live on it.
Anybody any ideas what co

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
The only advice I can offer is negative in that the habitation area should be isolated apart from the fridge when the engine is running.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Thanks vin0114
Spent most of day trying to sort. After having to remove both front captains seats to get to leisure battery and what I thought was a battery charger I find power going into the box but nothing going to the control panel. A very helpful Paul at Themotorhomedepot says it is likely this big black box under the seat thats the problem. Sent him pics to identify which particular unit it is for the age and model. Has anyone any idea what its called and where I might source one and the rough price of it

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
PICT0004.JPG
Can you post pictures so we can see what it is
PICT0006.JPG Here's the offending object, the first pic shows it with the top of the box removed to show the workings, mainly a transformer, circuit board with 6 or 7 relays. The second is the label from the front.
There's power on two of the leads from leisure battery and vehicle battery and nothing out of it

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Apuljack Engineering also come recommended (by eddievanbitz, no less, among others).

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
everything in the back of our Euramobil works with the engine on. Just need to arrange some straps so that Denise can cook our dinner while we're going along, LOL! Already got a seatbelt on the loo.

joe

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks @denisejoe, didn't know that and amazed that this is a just a UK requirement when every other restraint seems to originate from EU directives.
AFAIK this one comes from some bright spark in the NCC (group that represents UK caravan and motorhome manufacturers). Daft idea. AFAIK none of the European motorhomes have this restriction - the Adria I had before and my present Hymer certainly don't.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back