Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I know you can bake cakes in a Remoska and I am just starting to use mine. Now when I started out I didn't take any baking tin type things with me. I want to try some baked donuts. Would silicone moulds be okay in the Remoska? Lakeland have some donut moulds I was thinking of getting, but open to any suggestions :)

So far have roast a chicken, made soup and cooked a casserole in it so its early days :)

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Yes used silicone cake tins and those green / yellow egg cup thingy's to poach eggs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
I use silicone bakeware in my Remoska. The only thing I would say is beware of the cheap Poundshop-type stuff. It's much flimsier than the more expensive containers and, from my experience, tends to sag before the cake or whatever sets so you get misshapen cakes.

I don't often advocate paying over the odds for anything but in this case, I think it is worth paying the extra.

Alpha

Free Member
Feb 7, 2016
San Fransisco
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
yes, well not me but my mum and Grannie both have one and regularly use it for both savoury (casseroles etc.), doughnuts and sweet (scones etc.)
Both got them from Lakeland,
very healthy and tasty too

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I've read the reviews on remoska and it advises that you can use them, does it brown cakes then?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Yes, if your cake is too high, it can burn them too. A piece of foil over the top of the cake helps if that happens. If your cakes are only thin( biscuits or mince pies for example ) then lifting them up on either the proper Remoska rack or a crumpled disc of foil will speed the cooking.

The heat source is in the Remoska lid so browning happens and, the closer to the lid, the faster they cook and brown.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back