beware flood damaged cars (1 Viewer)

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Why is it a problem? Don't understand! If you buy a cheap car and repair it after flood damage, why is it an issue?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Why is it a problem? Don't understand! If you buy a cheap car and repair it after flood damage, why is it an issue?
If you know, different and decide to risk one entirely up to you.......but they hide the providence

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Water in the electronics, mostly, plus hidden corrosion..... there have been cases of water damaged cars airbags suddenly inflating without warning or warning lights, engine ECU units etc suddenly failing due to latent water damage...... I would not buy one, but you and anyone else are most welcome. Just don't have a failure when approaching me or my family

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
It's all water under the bridge:) really as you could buy a car the is a cat C or B and get caught out the same as buying a car that went for a swim one day. Would I buy one not a chance in hell.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
My nephew lost his to flood completely submerged
a awful mess insured by nfu wales
they were all taken and crushed.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My nephew lost his to flood completely submerged
a awful mess insured by nfu wales
they were all taken and crushed.
Only if an insurance claim is made. Rather than make a claim, people have been known to simply not say anything, dry it out, clean it up and hope nothing goes wrong in the time between clean up and muppet sale...

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Our first motorhome turned out to be a write off from Marquis and the Tewkesbury floods.
A friend of mine sold her MoHo and three weeks later the new owners lost it to flood water in Yorkshire. It was under water to three inches up the interior units. It will probably be sold on by the ins co. and then again without telling the buyer. Can you imagine the problems to come with that vehicle, they should be scrapped.

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
My sons 2 year old C Class Merc was a local garage getting some minor bumps repaired at the end of this road http://www.itv.com/news/2016-01-08/homes-evacuated-as-river-bursts-its-banks-after-heavy-rain/ and was submerged. He'd stupidly transferred the insurance onto his new car but thankfully the garage had insurance to cover it other wise he'd have been shelling out £18k! He sent me photo's a blooming mess and it'd be a hell of a job to clean up - the electrics must be a total liability.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back