BBC/ITV North of Toledo, Spain. (1 Viewer)

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Morning, just returned to Totana and thought some Funsters might find this of interest.
Our Oyster system 85cm with a correctly positioned LNB receives all the UK Channels anywhere North of Toledo, some evenings were cloudy and still the reception was maintained.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yes, and we received everything right across into Portugal, Monsanto/ Penamacor areas. So those posters that loose everything in central France, get your system tuned up if you need UK TV.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Does that mean you got on the roof to fine tune the LNB once it had received astra 2 ?

Allen

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Does that mean you got on the roof to fine tune the LNB once it had received astra 2 ?

Allen
Yes, set the LNB to about 20 minutes to the hour, I suppose there are Tech wording for this, but just keeping it simple.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Can you give more info on how you managed this?
Sure, firstly, concentrate, remove any outside disturbances like barking dogs, loud music or noisy children.
Slacken the LNB mounting and skew it to 20 minutes to the hour, as above, I believe in the UK its normally at half past the hour.
Do a download,{Search}
Just to add, as we are back at base, Totana, I have just tried it again and not expecting much....I have ITV,STV .
Chn 4 and BBC breaking up.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Yes, and we received everything right across into Portugal, Monsanto/ Penamacor areas. So those posters that loose everything in central France, get your system tuned up if you need UK TV.

That is quite a nice little hotspot then , as the reception drops dramatically the closer you get to the Portuguese coast.

I always ask about ITV1HD as that does seem to be one of the weakest channels, so i am amazed that you can get that also all the way across there.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
That is quite a nice little hotspot then , as the reception drops dramatically the closer you get to the Portuguese coast.

I always ask about ITV1HD as that does seem to be one of the weakest channels, so i am amazed that you can get that also all the way across there.
Me too, but good to share this with you.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Do these systems all come with the same LNB?
Or do they use different ones?

Only asking as some LNBs perform better than others, so posting which LNB your system has may also help people

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Do these systems all come with the same LNB?
Or do they use different ones?

Only asking as some LNBs perform better than others, so posting which LNB your system has may also help people
Black-Inverto LNB................this is not the original and whatever is the original did not perform like this does.

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Thanks for the info you techo's you've made one lady very help(y)

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Black-Inverto LNB................this is not the original and whatever is the original did not perform like this does.
I find the GI range, especially the GI Twin, performs much better than the Inverto Ultra Black range - they can add a db or two at least!

I should also point out that at this time of the year the signals do tend to be better than normal (cooler temps?) - but you will find your reception will change for the worse during the hotter months.

I have ITV,STV .
Chn 4 and BBC breaking up.
The 10905 frequency some ITVs and STV are on is pretty much the strongest of the SD ITV channels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back