Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Other than using www.Malagamontepark.com campsite as a pre-tour meeting point for Desert Detour clients, before we depart for Morocco, we have no interest in the site……so I am bumming it up because it is good and getting better…..and because it is one of the few [only] site that has the larger/RV unit very much in mind.

It would be fair to say that those with [much] larger units have had problems in the past, as on many other sites. But I visited this campsite this morning and saw that they were well advanced [first pitch ready in about two weeks] to establishing a dedicated area, that the owner of the site, Lorraine, calls Motorcoach plots……..

Each bay will be 120 sq meter with manoeuvring access and with....... Low level decking, 25amp electric, own metered water, grey and black waste outlet, gas connection, internet connection, satellite TV connection. Upgrade pitches will have BBQ/sink, fridge and screened off Jacuzzi……

I think the initially the pitches are going to be offered on long lease but this will mean that they are available when not in use by the owner. Like renting a self catering holiday apartment I suppose……only you bring your own apartment.

The site undergoes continued upgrading and has a fantastic pool area etc etc. and I left this morning after a full English breakfast for just 2e. The local council rates sites from 4 star to 1….MMP is 2 at the moment…..but after some minor works they have been promised upgrade to 1 star……

20 mins from Malaga airport, rural setting, mini bus service and all that.....

Does sounf like it's mine [I wish]. Like I say……nothing to do with Desert Detours, I just like to see effort rewarded…….and am aware of the problems you RV owners have!

Ray

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I have written an article that will hopefully be published in the ARVE magazine this coming month - and there is a complete page to be entered in the Big Pitch Guide.

In essence, you can buy a 10 year lease on one of the 14 large pitches for €58,000 and pay €190 per month maintenance plus metered electric and water BUT they are really super-duper pitches with satellite connections, internet connections etc., etc., etc.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Detourer

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Yes, you are right...J&S....link not working on my post, but it is on moandick's :thumb:

The pitches are for lease but as I understand it they will be rented out on a daily/short term [I hope so, we have just booked a few] 'till then.....and therafter available from lease holder via site.

Should they prove successfull, and casual visitors require, lorraine has room for expansion.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
58K :whatthe: I take it that includes an RV:Eeek:

Like it or not, Geo - that only works out to about £20 per night for an absolute tailor-made pitch in a blissful environment.

Try getting a pitch of that standard over here for that price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back