IMPORTANT: Got a new 'human' passport? Then read this ... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just thought I'd mention this in case people aren't aware ...

If you have got a new passport since you made a ferry/eurotunnel/travel booking for future travel, make sure that you update the the API (Advanced Passenger Information) details for EACH booking and for each passenger with a new passport, if you provided it previously using the old passport(s).
I made a booking towards the end of last year for me and hubby to travel in May/June however hubby has just got a new passport which, once I'd finished laughing at the supposed 'clearer' photo*, I didn't think about again. It was only due to me making another booking for us both for later in the year that I got the request to supply our API info for that one ... and it then twigged that I'd better alter it for the earlier booking too - you HAVE to do them separately. The Eurotunnel API page says:

If you do not supply your API in advance of travelling, you are likely to be stopped at check-in and asked to add your passenger details to your booking before continuing on your journey.

So if you've recently got a new passport and already had some bookings made get your API info updated ... don't want to get help up whilst trying to 'escape' the UK do you!!!!

* Ref the Passport photo - hubby did them as required, following the instructions in the photo booth for passport photos, and sent them off ... he then got a letter telling him they didn't meet the parameters for there being 'no reflection' in his glasses ... there WASN'T any reflection though ... as he's very, very short sighted the background of the cubicle was showing at the edge of one of the lenses and they obviously thought it was reflection but ... after calling them and explaining he still had to do them again WITHOUT his glasses ... great, except he couldn't then see the ruddy screen to know where to put his head (there's an 'oval' on the screen) and more importantly see where the button was to press to take the photos!!!! We got there in the end but it took about 5 shots before we got a photo that we 'hoped' was okay ... fortunately it was but it looks NOTHING like him on the new passport! :D

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I didn't think you could wear glasses on a passport photograph?
Also my name reads as Patrcia on my passport not the correct name of Patricia, should I be worried?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Also my name reads as Patrcia on my passport not the correct name of Patricia, should I be worried?
Yes, especially if you have any plans to fly anywhere. But I suspect as procedures tighten up you might have problems with ferries. They will scan your name and cross check you actually exist and Patrcia doesn't!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes ... if you're Terry and not Trish! :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Actually you can BUT whilst it tells you not to if you get glare on them, it doesn't say a thing about the background being visible through the edges ... :mad:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Oh ok. Terry was told to take his glasses off for his passport photo, for that reason reason presumably?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Oh ok. Terry was told to take his glasses off for his passport photo, for that reason reason presumably?

when wearing glasses it's difficult to get a glare free photo when flash is used.. probably easier just to take them off,

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Absolutely vital you correct the spelling, or book in the misspelt name
Been there got the bruises
Its how I got to be officially called "Geo" because i didn't correct a passport error
now all my Docs, driving licence anything suported by conected to my passport ID had to be issued in that shortened version as shown on my passport

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Would it be worth contacting Brittany ferries and alter my booking name as I put Patricia on that for April.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

You've got two choices.

Either (this'll cost you???) Have the details changed on your passport. OR
Make damn sure you spell your name incorrectly on EVERY booking with an Airline, Ferry Co. Holiday Co. 'til the passport runs out.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
You've got two choices.

Make damn sure you spell your name incorrectly on EVERY booking with an Airline, Ferry Co. Holiday Co. 'til the passport runs out.
We've used the ferry 5 or 6 times since I've had my passport, it only came to light last week when a guy at a Spanish campsite noticed and told me.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We've used the ferry 5 or 6 times since I've had my passport, it only came to light last week when a guy at a Spanish campsite noticed and told me.
I doubt if it will cause any problems in reality as it's so obviously its a typo ... most people won't even notice that it's spelt wrong ... including you!

A third option is to change your name by deed poll! :D

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I doubt if it will cause any problems in reality as it's so obviously its a typo ... most people won't even notice that it's spelt wrong ... including you!

I've had the passport since 2008 and not noticed it until it was pointed out last week!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
You've got two choices.

Thanks for that.
I've emailed them, let's see what they say!
I can't believe I've had the passport since 2008 and not noticed!

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
i

if you do change your christian name by deed poll
that brings up a whole new nest of problems

changing all your cards and bank accounts
to your new name
get many copies of your deed poll
many companies forget to return them

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
i

if you do change your christian name by deed poll
that brings up a whole new nest of problems

changing all your cards and bank accounts
to your new name
get many copies of your deed poll
many companies forget to return them
It'll need to be renewed in 2 years time so I think I'll just use the 'wrong' spelling on my bookings until it's renewed.
Thanks all for the advice!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014

It WILL cause a prob. if you go to the US of A. It would beggar belief what would go through their minds, (other than the fact that there was a typo.)

I mean, No one in that country EVER made a mistake, (other than regularly killing their allies in not so 'Friendly Fire' incidents)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Tip for spectacle wearers needing to have passport photo.
Save the last pair of specs you had and REMOVE the lens' (if possible) for photo.
Result; No glare from lens

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
IF you do go to the USA, tell them you are Part(of the)CIA !!!
Mitch :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Tip for spectacle wearers needing to have passport photo.
Save the last pair of specs you had and REMOVE the lens' (if possible) for photo.
Result; No glare from lens
... doesn't help you see the ruddy screen though so what's the point!o_O

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
... doesn't help you see the ruddy screen though so what's the point!o_O

Instructions for use;
Enter Photo booth wearing day to day specs.
Get into correct position. Note whereabouts of coin slot etc.
Transfer to specs baht lens.
Insert cash.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Instructions for use;
Enter Photo booth wearing day to day specs.
Get into correct position. Note whereabouts of coin slot etc.
Transfer to specs baht lens.
Insert cash.
Oh if only it was that easy .... there an 'oval' on the screen that you have to stick your bonce in ... no good if you can't see it and even the slightest movement means you're outside of it ...

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I'd certainly query it as usually when booking flight it states name should be exactly as on passport. It could save some red tape hassle. You would think the passport agency would do a free replacement if it's down to their mistake. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back