lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As our reg documents came through yesterday we thought May as we'll make use of my weekend off. Surprised Sophie at her work in Edinburgh then drove to Silverknowe to walk the dog and have a nice family meal before dropping Sophie back at her flat. Now parked up for the night at Mussleburgh Harbour, nice quiet location with beach and day time toilet block and Aldi and Lidil close by.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Enjoy.....have yet to have ours, but the time is fast approaching. Back at the hospital on 23/2 then it's full steam ahead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Mussleburgh Harbour ------ lovely area. I used to take the dogs to Portobello, winter I house sat in Scotland.

Enjoy your new motorhome.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
As our reg documents came through yesterday we thought May as we'll make use of my weekend off. Surprised Sophie at her work in Edinburgh then drove to Silverknowe to walk the dog and have a nice family meal before dropping Sophie back at her flat. Now parked up for the night at Mussleburgh Harbour, nice quiet location with beach and day time toilet block and Aldi and Lidil close by.
Did you christen her.....;):winky:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
its been a long time since i was in mussleburgh , we used to go there for day trips(y),im sure that you are enjoying your new van:D

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
And that is where we sail from, Fisherrow yacht club, just along the prom! We often see a few motorhomes parked up there is spring once the yachts are back in the water. Our avatar is not Fisherrow though!

?

Deleted User
And that is where we sail from, Fisherrow yacht club, just along the prom! We often see a few motorhomes parked up there is spring once the yachts are back in the water. Our avatar is not Fisherrow though!
You may be able to tell me. Any boat graveyards in the Edinburgh or surrounding areas? Looking for a couple of small windows to pop rivet into a van. For some reason they are far cheaper than getting caravan ones 2nd hand.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
NT_2400.jpg

Might be a hit heavy?

?

Deleted User

Lol. Had i not bought back doors with glass that is exactly the quirky thing i would have went for. I need them for my side sliding doors. One like this
Broken Link Removed

And another that opens.

As for OP. Do you get peace to sleep down that way? I would have thought to much noise from neds and the garage behind. Nice wee cafe where you were though, just behind you on the corner.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I would try either Port Edgar or Granton Harbor. If you have a wander past Royal Forth Yacht club at Granton on the RHS and keep going there was a storage area on the LHS opposite Forth Ports Pilot boats. Haven't been around for a year or so but there were a few wrecks in there albeit they may have some one pride and joy waiting for a 'project'!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Terry Is this thread re the porthole of any help please? Shall I contact anybody?

Happy travels Lorger. Hope you have a wonderful time in the new wheels.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Sorry we missed you Gerry, have sent a pm. Sods law we were away as we only live 5 minutes away.
How was your first night and are you happy with everything. We took ours the 3 hours drive to cabin but didn't sleep in it but did stop for lunch in Strathyre wouldn't have taken my previous MH in there.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hope all went well with the new van Gerry. Let us know how you felt , downsizing wise. Here's to many happy years touring in her.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It was at Fisherow we parked right behind the Quay restaurant.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I hope you gave her a severe ticking off over the "Knickers" incident Gerry, how was it with Gas and heat?
I did try that when I got back but it's hard to discipline someone when they're rolling about laughing, don't worry I'm helping her pack her rucksack for her summer trip :D

Was very nice and toasty thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Lol. Had i not bought back doors with glass that is exactly the quirky thing i would have went for. I need them for my side sliding doors. One like this
Broken Link Removed

And another that opens.

As for OP. Do you get peace to sleep down that way? I would have thought to much noise from neds and the garage behind. Nice wee cafe where you were though, just behind you on the corner.

We arrived about 21:00 and took the dog a walk, when we got back to van about 22:00 only one other car in car park, about 22:45 another camper arrived and couple of cars turned up for about 5 mins then quiet all night. Talking to a local on the beach this morning he said MHs use the car park a lot in the summer and new CCTV has been fitted to harbour so has stopped a lot of boy racers. I would stay here again.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
What van is it lorger I must have missed that part......

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@lorger hope your first night was a good one and it wasn't windy let us know!(y)

Hi Anthea, the wind was terrible so it's the last time Lorraine's having a curry :) All went well and had a lovely sleep thanks.

Hope all went well with the new van Gerry. Let us know how you felt , downsizing wise. Here's to many happy years touring in her.

All went well thanks and to tell the truth we didn't really notice that much, I'm sure if 4 of us went off in the winter it might be a wee bit different but so far we're happy with our choice.
I was surprised how warm and cosy it got we had the heating on while we walked Toby and then turned it off overnight and never noticed it getting cold.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What van is it lorger I must have missed that part......

We have just bought a new Possl Roadcruiser a slightly smaller van than our last as its a PVC, reason being only two of us now for 90% of our trips.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We have just bought a new Possl Roadcruiser a slightly smaller van than our last as its a PVC, reason being only two of us now for 90% of our trips.
Thanks lorger I'm not familiar with it but will look it up. PVCs are the way to go....(y)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks lorger I'm not familiar with it but will look it up. PVCs are the way to go....(y)

It's the same as the Globecar Campscout just got the German badged one as we bought over there still RHD though.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I could hardly stand up in the wind never mind play golf.

What a wimp, I was down Powfoot this morning, totally exposed as you know, it certainly needed a little resolve and a different point of aim was required. 6 iron giving it full monty into the "breeze" achieved maybe 40 yards !! Driving was interesting ! :)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What a wimp, I was down Powfoot this morning, totally exposed as you know, it certainly needed a little resolve and a different point of aim was required. 6 iron giving it full monty into the "breeze" achieved maybe 40 yards !! Driving was interesting ! :)
I think I was more scared of Lorraine's reaction if I'd took the clubs than the wind, not sure how bad it was here but very wet and windy at Musselburgh and came home via Peebles very wet but lovely

?

Deleted User
I would try either Port Edgar or Granton Harbor. If you have a wander past Royal Forth Yacht club at Granton on the RHS and keep going there was a storage area on the LHS opposite Forth Ports Pilot boats. Haven't been around for a year or so but there were a few wrecks in there albeit they may have some one pride and joy waiting for a 'project'!
Granton. Why did i not think if that. I pass it once a month. I blame those horrid flats that spoil the view. Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back