Toilet Waste (1 Viewer)

Wolfman

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
When we are wild camping we have no problems with fresh water or electric but as of yet we have not found a way to empty our toilet cassette, any idea's:Doh:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi you can call in on a Camp Site and pay a few guzunkers to empty, you can find public toilets and empty, Tardis type toilets can also be used,some petrol stations will allow toilet emptying some wild campers find a manhole called Sanimentos in Spain and empty in there, MAKE sure it is a SANIMENTO and not a STORM drain though, Speak to other wild campers ,they will you can empty.NEVER DUMP IN FORESTS BEACHES RIVERS ETC, BE RESPONSIBLE AND CAUSE NO PROBLEMS FOR OTHERS.:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
When we are wild camping we have no problems with fresh water or electric but as of yet we have not found a way to empty our toilet cassette, any idea's:Doh:

If in the UK CC&C and I think CC will on some sites let you book in for a short while empty toilet waste use washing machines and have a shower for a few pounds, not sure how much. Worth looking into.:winky:

Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Use only the Green Thetford fluid then you can empty in public toilets. Just choose a quiet time (e.g. late evening - but not near a pub) and take care not to splash! We try and use remote loos. Have not had to do it in England but in the Highlands it's quite feasible.

The C&CC charge for motorhome service is ÂŁ5.80 for which you can: stay 3 hours; dump toilet and grey water; fill with fresh; shower. Never used it as that is almost as much as I expect to pay for a CS. Outrageous price in my view!

Philip

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you're really stuck then do as HM Armed Forces do on manouvers.......dig a hole and bury it!!!!!!

good enough for them...good enough for us!

just the contents though.....not the cassette:RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
having worked at sewage plants n driven tankers ,i would say dont use blue/green neither are green really and do cause lots of problems. in cornwall its a nightmare for sewage plants in summer 20 times the population and most of them using addatives kills working plants in small villages. try a little splash of vinegar in the waste container. never use bleach .you need good bacteria in the container to break it down. its quite a science really. cheers alan

Upvote 0

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Could try asking the 'Bull' if it works! :thumb:

ps: Can you please slow your Avatar down a bit - worries me silly if he has a front-wheel blow-out at that speed!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there you are then pappa a new one for you. try it .also its best not to empty every day give the bacteria time to work n dont wash it out with clean water everytme. you could pee in a bucket then run it through you water filter save the planet. ha ha

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the info vwalan. It's a bit concerning then that Thetford specifically mention use of their Green product in respect of septic tanks. the following is copied from their web-site.

Aqua Kem Green
Environmentally friendly toilet fluid for daily care of the waste-holding tank of your mobile toilet. With biological action and suitable for emptying into sceptic tanks. {Test ISO 11734}

Guess I'll just have to fit a SOG and hold my nose when emptying. Also means a public loo will have to be very remote and deserted before we discharge. I've been told that emptying a Thetford cassette that uses a SOG is an experience never forgotten!

Philip

P.S. Just noticed that Thetford have SCEPTIC tanks rather then SEPTIC ones. That's their typo, not mine. Perhaps they are sceptical about their research results and that's their 'get-out' clause?

P

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Very sensible answer. Why use any chemicals when fresh air through a SOG works so well.
In our RV because we are permanently on a site and not moving and agitating the contents we purposely only empty roughly once every two weeks when the tank is full. Even though we are connected to a mains sewer if we let it run straight through the liquid goes and the solids stay behind and cause a problem. We dont use chemicals and we never get a smell. Im told there are lots of helpful Bacteria working away breaking it all down and doing good. Havent wasted money on chemicals for years on our touring Van.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
most people try to be too clean in the waste container. it needs bacteria ,leave it part full when not in use ,only clean the outside forget washing the inside. cause it will always smell unless its mine.must say lots use a bucket for no1 ,s the amonia can make it smell worse.best to look for a manhole cover outside the toilets if you use sites the chemical emptying place usually gets emptied by people like me .the normal waste goes to their private sewage works n probably finishes up in a stream by the campsite. if every body put it down the sites toilets it would cause havoc. ask a campsite warden if you use a site.

Upvote 0

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Thanks for the info vwalan. It's a bit concerning then that Thetford specifically mention use of their Green product in respect of septic tanks. the following is copied from their web-site.

Aqua Kem Green
Environmentally friendly toilet fluid for daily care of the waste-holding tank of your mobile toilet. With biological action and suitable for emptying into sceptic tanks. {Test ISO 11734}

Guess I'll just have to fit a SOG and hold my nose when emptying. Also means a public loo will have to be very remote and deserted before we discharge. I've been told that emptying a Thetford cassette that uses a SOG is an experience never forgotten!

Philip

P.S. Just noticed that Thetford have SCEPTIC tanks rather then SEPTIC ones. That's their typo, not mine. Perhaps they are sceptical about their research results and that's their 'get-out' clause?

P

No problems at all emptying a cassette that uses a SOG, Whats the matter with you, its your own waste aint it. Theres far worse than that.
Thetford are going to recommend chemicals to the Uninitiated, their in business to take money off you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
there you are then pappa a new one for you. try it .also its best not to empty every day give the bacteria time to work n dont wash it out with clean water everytme. you could pee in a bucket then run it through you water filter save the planet. ha ha

had thought of trying a reverse-biblical experiment with the filter and turning wine into water...:winky:

expensive water though.

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
if you're really stuck then do as HM Armed Forces do on manouvers.......dig a hole and bury it!!!!!!

good enough for them...good enough for us!

just the contents though.....not the cassette:RollEyes:::bigsmile:

I 'll have to get a JCB for the TV waste:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi pappa ,i got mine in brownchurches a big landrover expedition shop. they have a tub of horrible stinky slimey water if you stir it its puke. after its gone through the filter he drinks some n offers the glass its really clean . uses a ceramic filter with silver inlay.takes chlorine out as well. and made in uk by fairey industrial ceramics ltd.its called a british berkefeld by doulton. not cheap but works fine.

Upvote 0

Pronto

Free Member
Nov 17, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi vwalan,

How about the biological additives - BioMagic - is that any better than Thetford green? Would you consider that to be OK?

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi pronto, cant answer that question as i have not had an experiance with the product.i will try to have a word with the scientists on sw water,.maybe an operater on site will know more. sorry.

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi pronto, if its like the stuff to put in cess pits to keep them going ok. in the country its quite common for people to put dead sheep etc in cess pits to give bacteria. has to be old n maggoty .

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
hi pronto, if its like the stuff to put in cess pits to keep them going ok. in the country its quite common for people to put dead sheep etc in cess pits to give bacteria. has to be old n maggoty .

maybe a dead mouse would be big enough for a cassette ... and a cat for an RV tank :thumb: :roflmto:

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Clawed Balls:Eeek: