LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, can anyone advise me if I can buy a data sim for when we are in Spain? I have one for uk in the mifi.

Campsite wifi is iffy so I would prefer to buy one in Spain, if possible. If this isn't possible - eg if I have to be a resident - then which uk data sim will allow me to use it at a reasonable cost?

Ginny

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Ginny, 3UK sim card works in Spain and data from the contract can be used. This allow you to call home from France and Spain at local call rates and family can call you at local rates as well, just like being at home.
Look at their web site for details:
http://www.three.co.uk/

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Ginny, 3UK sim card works in Spain and data from the contract can be used. This allow you to call home from France and Spain at local call rates and family can call you at local rates as well, just like being at home.
Look at their web site for details:
http://www.three.co.uk/

Thanks John, we have the Toggle phone for calls and texts, I just want a data sim so we aren't dependant on campsite wifi.

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Then I would check back on here for the post on 3UK data sim preloaded that someone posted a few days ago and get that. I take it you have a mifi device that is unlocked.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Ginny

I am on the 3 data sim pre loaded 12GB to use over 12 months, from the thread a couple of days ago this is down to £30 which is pretty good.

Just doing the FUN including posting photos, e-mails and general browsing for the weather etc I am using about 100MB per week but I use Opera mini on the iPad to save data.

Martin

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
we have just brought the 12gb for £30 FROM 3 but i think it an only be used 2 month abroad check the thread about it on here Ginny

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have been using '3' in Spain for the last 3 weeks ......

It is Soooooooo Slooooooooow !!!!!

Only useful for light email and quick weather check.

I have used '3' abroad for the last 2 years and will not bother again.... It is a bit faster in France but Spain......rubbish!

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I picked up a HitsMobile sim for the mifi from a local independent phone shop. It sits on the Vodafone Spain network and is very quick. No Three compatible signal where I am :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back