Huawei E5573 MIFI with 20gb data for £20 (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I posted this on another thread on Sunday night but thought peple might have missed it:

I came across this deal tonight:

a Huawei E5573 MIFI with 20gb of data for 30 days on a 1 month contract! Its Carphone Warehouse's own 'broadband' which uses the '3' network and has the benefits of the '3' "Feel at home" use abroad but with MORE countries covered!

Broken Link Removed

I bought 2 of them which came yesterday so I've just been having a play - they have an aerial input which is the reason I got them as my current MIFI doesn't have one. I can also confirm that they are unlocked too as my EE sim works in them.

As I only want the MIFI and not a continuing rolling 30 day contract, I've rung up and cancelled the contract which STARTED from the minute I placed the order - I've never had a '30 day contract' sim before, only 12/24 month or PAYG so wasn't sure.

I ordered the MIFIs on 31 January and "officially" I had to give 30 days notice so was going to have to pay £20 plus the 'line rental' for the extra 4/5 days, however I explained to the chap that it wasn't totally clear on their website when the contract would start and cancelling info on the site is confusing too, so he's just charging me just the original £20 for 1 month (or 20gb whichever runs out first) for each of them.

So if you DO order one and don't want to use it in the future (you can still use the first month's 20gb) ring up immediately and cancel the contract so you don't incur any 'line rental' charges ... or just play dumb! Also make sure you register it so you can keep a check of your usage and don't go over the 20gb limit in 30 days and get extra data charges.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Great deal and great heads up if you are not going to Europe but CarPhonewarehouse have just confirmed that you can't use the allowance in Europe I.e it is not part of the 'Take away' scheme. Having said that my experience of ID has not been good, like you I jumped in with both feet but have since moved, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if you have been told a different story but sounds like a cheap way of getting a good mifi device!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I also don't think ID works in Europe, I researched getting a normal SIM card from them as it said it was the same as three, but it's not, so stuck with three.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I also don't think ID works in Europe, I researched getting a normal SIM card from them as it said it was the same as three, but it's not, so stuck with three.:(
The Daily Mail link above says free roaming?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The Daily Mail link above says free roaming?
It's the same where ever you are , always charged, whereas if you get a three £20 addon you get unlimited data for free as well as your calls and texts.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
It's the same where ever you are , always charged, whereas if you get a three £20 addon you get unlimited data for free as well as your calls and texts.
That's for a phone SIM, not a data SIM.

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
There is an ID phone plan called 'Takeway', that lets you use your allowance in Europe and to phone home but these don't exist for data only plans yet. Allegedly coming (been waiting 5 months, not quite as long as for a new motorhome!) but I am about to head over to 3 for our impending trip!

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
There is an ID phone plan called 'Takeway', that lets you use your allowance in Europe and to phone home but these don't exist for data only plans yet. Allegedly coming (been waiting 5 months, not quite as long as for a new motorhome!) but I am about to head over to 3 for our impending trip!
Dunno if I'm reading it wrong but the 2 links in the 1st post are for a MIFI on the ID network and 2nd link says ID allow free roaming?

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Here goes! ID have both data and phone plans. Minxy Girl was giving a heads up on an ID offer to get a Mifi device and data offer quite cheaply. (1st link) 2nd link relates to the phone takeaway plan which similar to the 3 'Feel at home'.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Even I'm confused now! :LOL:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
To clarify

My 3 mifi is an e5573 (the one in the title)

Got it from 3 for about £40 on a monthly contract 15gb/month £20 includes feel at home. I used it in UK first for about 2 months then france and spain for 1 month now in morocco, taken the 3 sim card out and using a Marco sim in it while we here and will then revert to the 3 one for spain.

We need contact for business so it works really well for us and quite happy to pay the contract while we here because it then means we can come back onto it without hassle.

Works for us and weve got europa sim, wifi ariel, several dongles and this is easily the best.

In the end it depends what your requirements are and how much your prepared to spend.

Jon

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
@Minxy Girl just a big thanks to you I got my Huwea and Ee sim a few weeks ago whilst out here in Spain and cancelled as per your instructions ended up paying £20 DD then received a £3.82 credit from data supplier so only paid £16.18 for my Huwea :drinks:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back