LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well that's what we think but an expert opinion to back it up would be good.

Four of these flying above the camping stop in Seville.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
impressive whatever they are, both the birds and the photos (y)
Come on David I expected a definitive answer from you, don't let me down.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I'd agree with Booted Eagle, the translucent trailing edge to the wings is pretty distinctive. It's a bit early in the year but then the weather's so unusual that you'd expect unusual behaviour.
If you want to check locally the Spanish is Aguililla calzada.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Spot on I think:

Broken Link Removed

I've seen them in the Pyrenees, they live mostly on reptiles I believe, lizards etc, but I guess anything edible will suffice when hungry!

The link says a proportion over winter where you are, otherwise just early arrivals.

Good pictures!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What's the difference between unlawful and illegal?

Unlawful is against the law.

Illegal is a big sick bird.

Sorry:D

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Spot on I think:

Broken Link Removed

I've seen them in the Pyrenees, they live mostly on reptiles I believe, lizards etc, but I guess anything edible will suffice when hungry!

The link says a proportion over winter where you are, otherwise just early arrivals.

Good pictures!
We are right by the river and they are spending quite a lot of time over the water, there are also some large trees so I guess that's home. I am pleased with the pictures but it's starting to make me think about a really good camera, this is Panasonic G3 with tele lens.

Martin

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Booted imo, and a number overwinter in Spain now. In 1981 there were 6 pairs in the whole of Spain. There are now over 200 pairs. Great pics and thanks for sharing.
Edited to add a 0 to the last that's now 2000 plus pairs in Spain.......(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great pics Martin(y)
Brian & Jo
Thanks Brian & Jo I have to be honest I looked at a couple zoomed in just in the viewfinder and I said to Jen Wow look at these, then I said "I want a better camera".

Martin

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Lucky bu##er!(y)

Fly out Bertie, Malaga then hire car to the same Hostal for 4 years now on outskirts of Tarifa. Last year was first time in Spring OH wanted to catch up with the wild flowers and see a green landscape, so good was it repeating this year. The raptor migration over the Strait is truly awesome in windy weather eagles and vultures arrive exhausted sometimes at head height or if an elevated viewpoint we look down on them often from a few yards away. And the wild flowers are quite a spectacle the region is often termed the region of the coloured fields, purples, blues yellows red's vast multi coloured huge fields of it. Some great campsites in area many almost on what are claimed to be some of the best beaches in Spain.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Fly out Bertie, Malaga then hire car to the same Hostal for 4 years now on outskirts of Tarifa. Last year was first time in Spring OH wanted to catch up with the wild flowers and see a green landscape, so good was it repeating this year. The raptor migration over the Strait is truly awesome in windy weather eagles and vultures arrive exhausted sometimes at head height or if an elevated viewpoint we look down on them often from a few yards away. And the wild flowers are quite a spectacle the region is often termed the region of the coloured fields, purples, blues yellows red's vast multi coloured huge fields of it. Some great campsites in area many almost on what are claimed to be some of the best beaches in Spain.
Have you been to Monfrague in March/April ?..............It's brilliant, Green Spain at it's very best. But enjoy Tarifa, we love it and Donana . All our migration watches done from Gib but Tarifa better I agree.(y) Too much cloud in Gib and we often missed the birds...:(
Apols to funflair for thread drift:)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hopefully they will be out to play again tomorrow, at least 4 of them local to us so will try for some better pics, this could have been a beauty if in focus, but it does show the top side markings.

View attachment 92071

That pic is as good as it gets marking wise, the primaries and tail feathers are so clear..........................on the ball(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back