Eberspatcher question part 2 (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
What is the economy of these diesel fired blown air heaters ie. how many litres or ml per hour. I know it depends what yer stat is set at and how much you use em but as a rule of thumb ?????

forfourgeek

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Forest Of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class
Suggest you visit the Eber ' web site. If you are thinking of buying.
Eberspächer UK - Air Heaters Airtronic D2

Identify your heater in the list, then all the info you need should be there.

My own experience of Ebers is awful. I personally prefer Webasto. I had more luck with Webasto.
Webasto Caravan :: Heating

But, it is only fair to say, that both heaters must be installed exactly as per manufacturers instructions. Ive had both installed in boats the eber was dire. Having said that, there are thousands out there that perform brilliantly for many years.

Be sure too that what ever you buy is installed by a reputable firm. Contact Webasto uk and get confirmation that your installer is recognized by them. You could do it yourself, its not rocket science, but please stick to the instructions.

Sorry about the rant. But ive lived with these heaters for years, and learned a lot about both, enough probably to write a book.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
What is the economy of these diesel fired blown air heaters ie. how many litres or ml per hour. I know it depends what yer stat is set at and how much you use em but as a rule of thumb ?????

We have one, fitted from new, & very pleased with it. Eberspacher (spell?) that is. :thumb:

Can't give you detailed usage figures but the fuel gauge never seems to go down when we use it, even in winter. I was told by the dealer we got the van off that they were very economical & I have no reason to doubt him from our experience. ::bigsmile:

They are possibly more noisy than a gas heater, especially on start up, & of course use more leccy but once running very easy to live with.

Being diesel you don't have to worry about running out, very useful if in Spain where gas bottles can be a problem to get filled.

I believe the initial cost is quite high.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Just to clarify matters..........eber is allready installed in our new MH. Was just wondering if I could afford to put it on......::bigsmile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just to clarify matters..........eber is allready installed in our new MH. Was just wondering if I could afford to put it on......::bigsmile:

Try it :thumb:

My experience is that it won't cost you a fortune. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Had it on a couple of times in the evening when it goes a bit chilly, on for less than an hour each time so couldnt tell exactly but didnt seem to move my fuel guage. Certainly seems efficient.
Ian

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
approx 10 hours on 1 litre, can't be bad.

ooooh that is good, were's that info from ??
Maybe I can afford to put it on then ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thank you for the info...very economical arent they. ?

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Assuming it is a D2 heater. Eberspacher quote .23ltr per hour for a large motorcaravan ie coachbuilt for a small PVC .10ltrper hour if you got the Airtronic installation instructions look at page 12/13 if you turn the themostat slowly untill you hear the click leave it there the heater will build up to full then automatically reduce to 3/4 power to maintain temperature if you leave thermatat at full it will use more deisel.

Regards

alf

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
our eber comes with duel fuel option mains or diesel, does not seem to use much diesel when used that way compared to the large amout of heat it can produce, when on site's use mains hookup to run it which is silent now ebers fixed that knocking noise.

very please which the heating system came as standard in our duetto.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thank you for the info gentlemen. Unfrotunately mine only works on deisel but sounds like I can afford to keep Mrs ips warm this winter. ::bigsmile:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We have one in our Flash 03 and it works fine and uses very little diesel. Make sure you run it regularly to keep it running ok.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi I'm not sure why you split your posts into part 1, 2, etc just go back and post again in the original thread makes it much easier to follow.:thumb::thumb:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
You won`t have to worry about cost, far better than gas heaters on that point, used ours for the first time last winter and it really is quick and efficient.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We have one in our motorhome used it a full week end once and the fuel guage didn't seem to move, very economical.

John.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi I'm not sure why you split your posts into part 1, 2, etc just go back and post again in the original thread makes it much easier to follow.:thumb::thumb:

Your probably right...............sorry. :Doh:
Ian

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
No worries we were all new once. Just keep posting, hee hee

Thanks, Will do.
Seems like a rather nice friendly forum. Some boating ones I used when I had boats were somewhat................ argumentative to say the least.
As you know I am new to MH and its 11yrs since I caravaned o expect lots of questions. Apologies now if some of them are stupid...::bigsmile:
Ian

hym

Free Member
May 19, 2009
Funster No
We have one, fitted from new, & very pleased with it. Eberspacher (spell?) that is. :thumb:

Can't give you detailed usage figures but the fuel gauge never seems to go down when we use it, even in winter. I was told by the dealer we got the van off that they were very economical & I have no reason to doubt him from our experience. ::bigsmile:

They are possibly more noisy than a gas heater, especially on start up, & of course use more leccy but once running very easy to live with.

Being diesel you don't have to worry about running out, very useful if in Spain where gas bottles can be a problem to get filled.

I believe the initial cost is quite high.
i have found eberspacher very temperemental over the yeasrs having it fitted to boats i have owned i would agree with going for awebasto cheeper and less temperemental !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back