scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
does anybody have protected no claims bonus,just been told by our insurance that they dont know any insurers that do it for motorhomes ,ta

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've got it and always had it on Motorhome (Saga and now with Scenic-AXA)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
I have protected No Claim Discount for my motorhome with Safeguard.
It costs me £50 additional excess but I think that's money well spent.
Stef.

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
I have protected No Claim Discount with Safeguard.
It costs me £50 additional excess but I think that's money well spent.
Stef.

It's not money spent at all if it's just £50 on the excess?

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
I also have protected NCD with Safeguard. I believe you have to have at least 4 years claim free in order to qualify.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
A waste of money. NCD protection protects your no claims percentage but it doesn't stop them charging what they like at renewal after a claim. It's a discount off the price THEY set which WILL go up :LOL:

It will also affect all your other policies if you have a claim

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Some companies e.g. Comfort give you a net policy, so no NCD, if you change from them to a copmany that does offer a NCD Comfort will give you a statement of entitlement to No Claims Years.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A waste of money. NCD protection protects your no claims percentage but it doesn't stop them charging what they like at renewal after a claim. It's a discount off the price THEY set which WILL go up :LOL:

Spot on........... your NCD might be protected, but all of your premia will rise as you are a greater insurance risk - even if someone piles into you and not your fault/other person's insurance paid all damage. Not worth it at all, IMO

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Same as Puddleduck,i was told you could only have NCD on One vehicle and i already had it on the car.
However,we have bought a car in Portugal,went to insure it with our bank,showed them proof from Churchill and was told that as i had sold the car with the NCD on over six months ago,the NCD No claims proof document from Churchill, was out of time..... Went to Axia ? in the next town,showed the same document Bingo,got the Discount and cheaper top line. We have jumped through all the hoops regarding importing our M/h,and are now waiting the new portugues log book for it,the chap at Axia ? has said they insure m/homes,so i will let you know how it stacks up here.
It seems here,the CAR/whatever is insured,and anyone can jump in and drive,as long as they have a licence...... I will DOUBLE check this LOL,we have....... Grand children Double LOL
Tea Bag

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Just be warned,here in portugal,the car insurance goes up as the car gets older,so many older cars are driving around with only "third party" cover,so in the event of an accident,call the police,its what the locals do,don't be fobbed off. It's alledged ? that some of the little Pop pop cars are being driven by "over the hill" gang old boys,who have a job seeing,let alone get a licence...
Tea Bag

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
Something else about no claims discount. Was told by a couple of brokers that MH insurance companies don't really bother with NCD. They just base it on you and your spouse's age, your address, claims and any convictions in the last 5 years. Just about to insure our new one, and as this is a new vehicle I thought NCD would have come in handy, but no. All 4 companies that I have asked didn't require it, and just quoted me a figure..

Very strange, as I don't see the point of NCD then.. Maybe it's a car thing..

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
When I moved here I had 4 seperate ncd's on 4 different vehicles & with 3 different companies. & yes here in Spain when you sell a vehicle the ncd will only last 1 month before it lapses , unlike the 2 years of the Uk ,but a current UK/Germany/any other country policy , covering a vehicle they will take the discount /years of no claims off of that ?
Very peculiar.:unsure:
& yes @Tea Bag the " micro car sin carnet " is specifically bought by those without a licence/no chance of getting one / those who have lost their licence /the blind & unseeing et al :)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008

True to some extent. I had a bump in my car with an Adrian Flux protected NCD policy, They hiked my insurance up by £300. I moved insurers and the new insurers were cheaper than before the accident. My motorhome insurance dropped by £10 which wasn't protected. I asked why my motorhome insurance wasnt affected by the accident. They told me that just because I bumped my car didnt mean I was more likely to bump the van. All very strange

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you want to see the effect of NCD years on your insurance, go to a car insurance site and do quotes for the same car but alter the number of NCD years ... it doesn't make much difference.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back