Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Can anybody recommend a good MH cover?

I've had the one in grey material from here:
Medium Motorhome Cover from Leisure Mart (MP9422)

that seems to be advertised widely on Ebay - probably called a Kampa MH cover about £70.

The first one quickly disintegrated to a white powder and the replacement lasted a bit longer but has now gone very thin, has torn and also demonstrated the ability to shed white powder so is useless.:cry:

Protec are offering a tailor-made one for £330 incl.

Please no posts about not using one because they scratch etc - I haven't found this a problem and do want one - the van sits under a tree and collects tree sap, and leaves and I want to keep cleaning to a minimum.

Thanks

:Smile:
Keith

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Very good idea the motorhome covers but one small problem.
Fitting them is a total nightmare on a large vehicle. Triple injuries come to mind.
I have used mine twice and thought the stress is less washing the van.
Possible that's why so many secondhand varieties are for sale now.
Good Luck on the right decision.
Wiljoy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have a Royale full cover for sale if you're interested.....
used for one winter and for the reason given by Wiljoy i wont use it again.

length is 7.5 mtr and is more suited to an A class but fits C class ok albeit a bit baggy at the front.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
superk

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Thanks for the help guys:

Fitting them is a total nightmare on a large vehicle. Triple injuries come to mind.
Wiljoy

Thanks for the comment - the two of us never had any problem putting the cover on as we have nothing on the roof at all so sliding it over is very easy.

i have a Royale full cover for sale if you're interested.....
used for one winter and for the reason given by Wiljoy i wont use it again.

length is 7.5 mtr and is more suited to an A class but fits C class ok albeit a bit baggy at the front.

Thanks. I've seen the Royale advertised but the material looks very much like the one I've been using with possibly a waterproof roof section I think 7.5 m would leave too much material over - we're 5.64 metres long.

Fiamma do a half cover which will keep the muck of the roof.
£44-05p

Royal do full size ones starting around £90

Peter

Thanks Peter. Rooftop a consideration.

Keith

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks. I've seen the Royale advertised but the material looks very much like the one I've been using with possibly a waterproof roof section I think 7.5 m would leave too much material over - we're 5.64 metres long.Keith

no problem Keith,
it is fully waterproof and breathable by the way, but i agree it would be too big for your van. that was half the trouble with ours i think....had to put extra straps around the front.

OP
OP
superk

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
wouldn't a felling axe be cheaper ? :Smile:

Tha van is on a storage site and the tree on the adjacent land. Proabably has a preservation order on it.

Anyway I just want to keep the van clean.

Keith

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
I thought about this cos I have similar problem, van parked in our back field/storage area. Neighbours trees are now looking a little bare from our side ::bigsmile: but still gets leaves and bird cack on it. Daughter pointed out the fact that if I put a cover on I wouldnt have anything to do ie. cleaning and general faffing with the van. Apparently thats what I do .... :ROFLMAO:
The parking bay is a little tight at the sides so acctually putting the cover over may also be a problem. I was wondering how easy these things are to put over and tie down ? my sciatica is VERY bad at the moment so dont really want to be messing about with straps under the van etc.
Easy job or not ??????
Ian

OP
OP
superk

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Problem kindly solved by Brisey - the power of FUN - don't underestimate it::bigsmile:

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back