Ferry booked thanks to Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Started looking at ferry and tunnel prices for this June and ended up opting for Hull to Zeebrugge.

Had a look on a few sites including P&O themselves and the cheapest I could get was £470 thats for van and two people way out and van and 4 on the way back. No I'm not bringing in a couple of immigrant's, we are bringing sophie and the boyfriend back from their Inter-railing trip round Europe.

Anyway back to the ferry, phoned CC and they said they should be the same price or better first offer comes back at over £500 as he priced 4 people each way, eventually after a few calls and a chat with his team leader he cam back with a price of £397.

As we stay about 440 miles from Dover this doesn't work out to expensive compared to driving and fuel, plus I can have a beer at 19:00 hours instead of driving all night.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We went Newcastle-Amsterdam last year and will probably use the same route this year. Much shorter drive for you as it was for us.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We went Newcastle-Amsterdam last year and will probably use the same route this year. Much shorter drive for you as it was for us.
Yes we have used this route a few times and will again in September when going to Berlin, this time though it works out better going to Zeebrugge as the extra miles we have to do here are eaten up on the other side as we tend on heading to French Swiss alps.
I think if you book well in advance the price is well worth it compared to driving south

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It's a good route for us as Dover is 500 miles away, we can leave home in the morning and be having a beer at 5.00 pm, on the continent the next day. This year France is back on the sat-nav, haven't been for three years. Enjoy your trip.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we loved the route pre dog, even though we actually go an hour north east the drive is sooooo much better than taking on the south east corner and M25

nice relaxed crossing, slightly early start by our standards in he morning, not bad if you have a drive to do, we have been in Bruges before anything opens a few times

in the end we always took the cabin upgrades, forget what they called them now, but three / four berth with TV, kettle and drinks fridge, used to include about 12 minatures, just soft drinks last time we went, but really made the trip

enjoy your trip, I have just enjoyed reminiscing :)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
You can also buy 'camping cheques' they make for a cheaper crossing, but many campsites have stopped taking them .
An email to camping cheques will happen on our return to the uk.

But still cheaper even if you can't / don't use the campming cheques

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back