• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Globecar Campscout - what's it worth? (1 Viewer)

ColinM

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
No idea
Exp
Hi. I'm starting the process of selling my parents' motorhome, but I'm struggling to figure out how much it's worth. It's a 2012 Globecar Campscout, 2.3l diesel with 17000 miles on the clock. Added extras are a VuDome satellite dish and a full length awning, not sure if there are any additions inside.

What's the best way to sell it, and what would be a sensible price to ask? I have no real idea how depreciation affects motorhomes, and how easy they are to sell so any advice would be welcome.

Oh, and if anyone would be interested in it then let me know!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
you can usually judge the right price by searching for similar van on ebay, preloved and dealers etc
there is a for sale section on here where you can advertise the van once you know the price

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Hi can you tell me if it has 2 single bed layout at rear,ta

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's a case of trawling the web looking at ads to get a feel for the correct asking price, whilst the extras (dome, awning etc) are good and may help the van sell, they won't necessarily add much value. Probably worth somewhere between £30k to £35k.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Dta if you could mess me with a bit more info, i would be most thankfull.ta

OP
OP
C

ColinM

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
No idea
Exp
you can usually judge the right price by searching for similar van on ebay, preloved and dealers etc
there is a for sale section on here where you can advertise the van once you know the price

I had a look and there are plenty of Globecar vehicles around, but none of this model. And I don't know which ones are similar in spec to be able to come up with a figure.

A place in Inverness had one for sale, same age and model, for £35K, but I'd prefer to have more than one reference to come up with a figure.

That said, I didn't check eBay. I'll take a look.

OP
OP
C

ColinM

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
No idea
Exp
Dta if you could mess me with a bit more info, i would be most thankfull.ta

Hmmmm, it's not obvious how to do messaging here. I guess it's too do with the 'conversation' idea, but I don't see any way to start one? But if you message me I'll reply. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I had a look and there are plenty of Globecar vehicles around, but none of this model. And I don't know which ones are similar in spec to be able to come up with a figure.

A place in Inverness had one for sale, same age and model, for £35K, but I'd prefer to have more than one reference to come up with a figure.

That said, I didn't check eBay. I'll take a look.
This is the one you're referring to I assume?

http://www.highlandcampervans.com/_details.asp?vtype=1&vid=37

As I mentioned above I think £35k is the absolute top but as you can't provide backup/warranty with it (assuming there isn't an extended one) you won't be able to get as much as a dealer.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hmmmm, it's not obvious how to do messaging here. I guess it's too do with the 'conversation' idea, but I don't see any way to start one? But if you message me I'll reply. :)
Click on scotty1's name under his avatar and then select 'start a conversation' from the pop-up box.

OP
OP
C

ColinM

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
No idea
Exp
This is the one you're referring to I assume?

http://www.highlandcampervans.com/_details.asp?vtype=1&vid=37

As I mentioned above I think £35k is the absolute top but as you can't provide backup/warranty with it (assuming there isn't an extended one) you won't be able to get as much as a dealer.

Yes, that's the one. I spoke to them earlier and they sell used motorhomes on a brokerage basis, which would be OK, but the person who handles that wasn't there so we couldn't talk numbers. I'd expect a private sale to be less than that, but more than I'd get by selling via a dealer.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yes, that's the one. I spoke to them earlier and they sell used motorhomes on a brokerage basis, which would be OK, but the person who handles that wasn't there so we couldn't talk numbers. I'd expect a private sale to be less than that, but more than I'd get by selling via a dealer.
Agree, they'd obviously want their cut but depending on what selling price they're likely to get and what 'commission' they charge, then by the time you've added up the costs of adverts etc, it actually might not differ that much ... you never know! Might be worth ringing SMC at Lincoln who are the main Globecar dealers (they are the UK distributor) to see if they'd be interested in purchasing it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
in the case of a brokerage sale, youre likely to see nearer to £25k than the £28k to £30k private sale. assuming it is in pristine showroom condition. also depends on when you need to sell it....out of season you lose a lot of money

be very careful of who you show the van to as well if selling privately. too many time wasters and thieves about

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You probably can't use it (or posts any more than 5 times) unless you subscribe.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You probably can't use it (or posts any more than 5 times) unless you subscribe.
Ah, yes, I hadn't notice he was only a 'read only funster' so as he's now used up his 5 free posts he'll need to subscribe.

Lazlo

Free Member
Dec 21, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 1979
Hi Colin,I am interested but would need more details thanks

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I think Judge Mental has an equivalent one for sale too, or did. I guess he would know how much it's worth...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think Judge Mental has an equivalent one for sale too, or did. I guess he would know how much it's worth...
Eddie's got the French Bed model - Possl 636

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
This will be an interesting check on member status, :)

the OP is a read only and can not now reply

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back