Mont St Michel (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
To help me to placate my sister :( can someone please tell me the entrance fee for the Mont, after trawling around various sites I am unable to find the cost.
It is the cost to enter the Mont I require, not the price of the Aire, many thanks.
Norman.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Here you go...
Rates: - individual more than 25 years old: 9 euros ; Reduced rate (18-25 years old which are non-European): 7 € ; people under 26 years old who are citizens of one the 27 countries of EU or are non-European permanent residents of France: free of charge ; less than 18 years (family visit): free of charge
- group (20 persons): 7 euros
- tour operators: 7 euros
-School group rate: 30 euros for 35 pupils ; one leader for free for each group of fifteen pupils, 7 euros for additional leader.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Here you go...
Rates: - individual more than 25 years old: 9 euros ; Reduced rate (18-25 years old which are non-European): 7 € ; people under 26 years old who are citizens of one the 27 countries of EU or are non-European permanent residents of France: free of charge ; less than 18 years (family visit): free of charge
- group (20 persons): 7 euros
- tour operators: 7 euros
-School group rate: 30 euros for 35 pupils ; one leader for free for each group of fifteen pupils, 7 euros for additional leader.
I wonder what happens if you turn up via canoe ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Here is all the info you need...
Broken Link Removed

I'm not quite sure but when I was there a few years back it was just parking you paid for and any special place once in there ie: abbey and museums ..(y)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
To help me to placate my sister :( can someone please tell me the entrance fee for the Mont, after trawling around various sites I am unable to find the cost.
It is the cost to enter the Mont I require, not the price of the Aire, many thanks.
Norman.
It's free to wander around the island and the outside buildings, there is a charge to go inside 'tho ....

M

Madwife

Deleted User
9 euros for the abbey, otherwise free. The bus service to and from the mainland is also free.

Kath

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We stayed on the huge aire a couple of times is it still there since they built the new bridge?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We stayed on the huge aire a couple of times is it still there since they built the new bridge?
If you're talking about the 'mudflats' parking ... nope, not since they decided to re-flood it.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
That new bridge is awful, yes lots of greenwash BS about it, but basically it looks like a motorway flyover so they can bus in tourists 24/7. A complete destruction of the place.:sick:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
That new bridge is awful, yes lots of greenwash BS about it, but basically it looks like a motorway flyover so they can bus in tourists 24/7. A complete destruction of the place.:sick:
I am sad to hear that. We saw the construction on Tour de France 2 or 3 years ago and thought it was going to be ugly then, I always like the idea of it being surrounded by water at high tide as in holy island Northumberland, the French love their statement bridges but perhaps should have left the old one.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Brochure with a map here:

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've found the costs for parking here:

http://www.bienvenueaumontsaintmichel.com/en/preparing-your-visit/prices

I'm so glad that I'd been a few times before they brought in these extortionate prices!

Reading the above I suppose you could park further away rather than use the official rip-off car park and then get your push bikes out as parking for these is free! Just one thing to remember though dogs are NOT allowed at all on the bus and I don't think you can actually cycle to the Mont so either have to go on foot or on the free shuttle bus (or pay for another means of transport).

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I am sad to hear that. We saw the construction on Tour de France 2 or 3 years ago and thought it was going to be ugly then, I always like the idea of it being surrounded by water at high tide as in holy island Northumberland, the French love their statement bridges but perhaps should have left the old one.
Yes sadly this flyover is so out of context with the the island, the surroundings and the history of the place. I am glad I saw it years ago when the old road was in place and saw the flyover being built when I went last.

castor

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
Reguiny France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Artic T71.LP
Exp
For info if you decide the walkis too long and want to use the bus , there are some excellent kennels availaible , inside/outside space , so shade in summer with water etc , much better than leaving in the van in summer .
Normal pace about a 45 min walk from van parking to the mount .
enjoy , some nice resturants there.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
For info if you decide the walkis too long and want to use the bus , there are some excellent kennels availaible , inside/outside space , so shade in summer with water etc , much better than leaving in the van in summer .
Normal pace about a 45 min walk from van parking to the mount .
enjoy , some nice resturants there.
Can you cycle in?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes sadly this flyover is so out of context with the the island,

haven't seen the new flyover in the flesh.. but surely the old car and motorhome park was a bigger eyesore and 'out of context'

as it was in 2006 .. and where 'George' was parked..

B0005547.jpg
B0000628.jpg
DSC_0678.jpg

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp

castor

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
Reguiny France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Artic T71.LP
Exp
Sorry, cannot remember seeing any bikes last summer on the walkway , need to google and check, certainly did not see any place to park bikes when you got to the end . If I find the brochure will let you know.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Walked to it once with the dog from the Aire at Beauvoir. There is a walk/cycleway alongside the river. Due to the size of the structure it deceived the eyes, it just didn't get closer, eventually got there, tide out, around the base and back. About 3 miles each way.
Was warm summer evening so not too bad on the dog.
I seem to recall a bike park before the bridge, free shuttle bus but no dogs unless on lap or in a bag!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry, cannot remember seeing any bikes last summer on the walkway , need to google and check, certainly did not see any place to park bikes when you got to the end . If I find the brochure will let you know.
That does seem odd that a country who is so into cycling doesn't have a cycle track to one of its most famous/ popular monuments! Perhaps no space for a bike rack or they want us to catch the bus in or walk !

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
As Larby says, there is a big bike rack area just by the barrage where the cycle path ends. You get the shuttle on the main road.
Some cyclists ignore the signs but we saw the shuttle drivers advising them of their error....

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
As Larby says, there is a big bike rack area just by the barrage where the cycle path ends. You get the shuttle on the main road.
Some cyclists ignore the signs but we saw the shuttle drivers advising them of their error....
Thank you! I wouldn't want to cycle on that connecting road as it was very busy when we last visited! May go again if the aire is still there all be it having moved further inland .

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Not sure if you are allowed officially to cycle up to the mont or not ... this webpage certainly has images showing people cycling along the 'jetty bridge' to it.

http://www.descroll.com/architectur...int-michel-by-dietmar-feichtinger-architectes
Looks like the photos were taken before any cars were allowed on! Car park must be a long way inland now! Thanks for info!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back