Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Hello, all.

I wondered whether there was any etiquette issues concerning posting the same topic in several fora?

Don't want to upset anybody!!

Cheers

Peter

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Hello, all.

I wondered whether there was any etiquette issues concerning posting the same topic in several fora?

Cheers

Peter
Do you mean, for example, posting on MotorhomeFun, and another similar site? If so, I can't see the problem myself. If however you mean posting the same question in, for example, more than one board on the same site, then that is frowned upon!

I note your use of 'Fora' as the plural for 'Forum', did make me chuckle. Many moons ago a colleague and I had a lengthy discussion as to whether the correct plural was 'Fora' or 'Forums', the outcome was that there was no outcome :D
And yes there wasn't much work done on that day!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Not quite sure what you are trying to convey, the only answer I can think of, if it seems right do it, if it does not feel correct don't. If it upsets anyone I am sure they will soon let you know. (You learn something new every day I thought Fora was something to do with flowers) :)

OP
OP
Chuns
Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Thank you for your help.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some people might chuck their dummies out but I don't see anything wrong with it. Indeed, it can be especially valuable if the subject is a safety issue.

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Hello, all.

Cheers

Peter

Do you mean within "fun" e.g posting in "Motorhome Chat" and the "Lounge"? ( I know that on some internet forums members get very upset by this "cross-posting", Yachting and Boating World being one that I could name )

If you want to increase the exposure/audience why not put a post in the second link along the lines of "I posted this in MoHo Chat..." with a link to the original posting?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @chuns just wondering if you have started the thread yet on the topic you were talking about got me curious :)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I don't see a problem with posting something on 'fun then the same thing on a different forum.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
One downside of duplicate threads is that respondents generally only post on one of the threads thereby depriving the other thread of their wisdom.:rolleyes:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Do you mean within "fun" e.g posting in "Motorhome Chat" and the "Lounge"? ( I know that on some internet forums members get very upset by this "cross-posting", Yachting and Boating World being one that I could name )

If you want to increase the exposure/audience why not put a post in the second link along the lines of "I posted this in MoHo Chat..." with a link to the original posting?
You only need to post once within MotorhomeFun surely Shirley?;)

.......the post will get picked up, if you click the logo at the top of the page you will always see the recent posts, across all the boards.....saves duplicating:)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Depends on your motives, there was a post on here recently (possibly something to do with an MOT expiring when abroad, but I might be wrong) and because the poster didn't necessarily agree with the fact that people were pointing out the situation had been avoidable and he was to blame, he posted on a couple of other fora, trying to get an answer that suited him. So other than sour grapes, post away (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A pointless and confusing thing to do IMHO. As Taran Las says, it's divides up the replies and does not get the best depth of response.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
cross posting and multi posting the same post is what makes a forum admn's day. it is normal procedure is to combine threads and prune off repeat posts

generally its unnecessary and rude unless there are exceptional circumstances.

as to multiple of forum being fora, it comes from the ancient greek and roman, long before any notion of the internet. it truly is an ancient word

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Do you mean, for example, posting on MotorhomeFun, and another similar site? If so, I can't see the problem myself. If however you mean posting the same question in, for example, more than one board on the same site, then that is frowned upon!

I note your use of 'Fora' as the plural for 'Forum', did make me chuckle. Many moons ago a colleague and I had a lengthy discussion as to whether the correct plural was 'Fora' or 'Forums', the outcome was that there was no outcome :D
And yes there wasn't much work done on that day!

One is animal the other vegetation!!!(y):whistle:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
as to multiple of forum being fora, it comes from the ancient greek and roman, long before any notion of the internet. it truly is an ancient word
It is a Latin derived word, thus, my argument was that the plural should be 'Fora'. However with the evolution of language, 'Forums' is now also acceptable, but not to me :D
That was how the discussion went anyway :D

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
It is a Latin derived word, thus, my argument was that the plural should be 'Fora'. However with the evolution of language, 'Forums' is now also acceptable, but not to me :D
That was how the discussion went anyway :D

I've learned to live with "forums"

Stadium and stadia on the other hand...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back