Rally The Yorkshire Wartime Experience 8th 9th 10th July (1 Viewer)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We have decided to go to the Yorkshire Wartime Experience again this year.
It does clash with the Hartlepool meet :( But Amanda loved it hadn't got the heart to tell her we wasn't going. So

war meet pic.jpg

Some Funster's had mentioned they would be interested in going if we were to do it again after they saw our pictures last year. I have spoken to the organiser's and they have said they can put us all together as a group.

You can camp from 12 noon on the Thursday 8th July till the Monday morning the cost is £55 for up to 4 people and that's inclusive of the entrance to each show day. Additional tickets can be brought see booking form

They had a dance last year on the Saturday night it was fantastic with a glen miller type band and singers . The tickets for the dance this year will be £8
We thoroughly enjoyed it last year . here is the link to the photo's we took last year and their website

http://nelz60.moonfruit.com/p1-home/4580708656

Broken Link Removed

You have to print of the form fill it in and send it along with your check please note if you want to Camp together with Fun please put on the bottom of the form PLEASE NOTE CAMPING WITH MOTORHOMEFUN .

Let us know on this thread once you have booked and i will add you to our list on Fun

Regards Kate x

Attachments

• war form.jpg
    war form.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 64
  • war form1.jpg
    war form1.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi Kate
we haven't booked yet but please add us to your list, cheers.:Grin: ( Zjom)

We had a great time last year and the war experience was fantastic, what with all the armaments on display , the spitfire fly over and the various enactments from world war 1 to 2 a really great venue

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kate
we haven't booked yet but please add us to your list, cheers.:Grin: ( Zjom)

We had a great time last year and the war experience was fantastic, what with all the armaments on display , the spitfire fly over and the various enactments from world war 1 to 2 a really great venue

Thanks Jim we havn't booked yet got to get some ink for the blumin printer :( lol

Hi Kate, put us on the list please. Booking form filled in and posting it off tomorrow, have ordered dance tickets as well.
:drink::wine:

Thanks Dave will add you x :wine::drink::drink:Bill said a speckeled Hen or two to celebrate

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kate have polished my boots, Blanco my kit, will be on parade at 12pm. Printer not working but will get a print out from a fried in a few days
snap our printer is playing up :( put new ink in last month and havnt used it since and it wont print :crying:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Hello Kate,

I was going to put our name on your list for for this rally. I am still undecided because the talk of woggles and people playing with them, makes me wonder if our Christian ethics will be compromised if we attend.

Do I have your assurance that we will not be required to join in any woggle playing.

Anne

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hello Kate,

I was going to put our name on your list for for this rally. I am still undecided because the talk of woggles and people playing with them, makes me wonder if our Christian ethics will be compromised if we attend.

Do I have your assurance that we will not be required to join in any woggle playing.

Anne

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You have our assurance Anne lol i just cant stop laughing xxx

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thank you Kate. You may put our names on your list.

Anne & Malc

will do Anne . Looking forward to seeing you and Malc in your 40's gear

Hi Kate, Sue & I fancy this meet, im going to get some brown paper and iron my best BD.

Eric.
. brill look forward to seeing you in your best BD .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Blimey you northerners get off light, to do 3 days at War & Peace (Southern equivalent) £114 per person, that's £456 compared to your £55 for four people.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hello Kate,

Anne
Be careful if there's any ging gang goolying going on though! :eek::LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Kate, sorry say we will be away in Froglandshire, any chance of getting them to put it back a month? ;)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Blimey you northerners get off light, to do 3 days at War & Peace (Southern equivalent) £114 per person, that's £456 compared to your £55 for four people.
its really good value we had a great time last year and they have said its going to be brilliant this year :)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
im wondering where i can get a WW2 highlanders uniform and a deactivated bren gun :LOL: , iive always fancied going to this weekend(y)
Loads of stalls selling 40's dresses, uniforms , military items . We were very impressed on how cheap everything was. Amanda's complete outfit was only £5 trousers, coat . hat :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
its really good value we had a great time last year and they have said its going to be brilliant this year :)
We would love to come, all our going out clothes are 30's, 40's & 50's style as we go out swing & jive dancing 3 - 4 times a week when at home.
One of our daughters is getting married beginning of August so I've been grounded, not even allowed to do our 3-4 week D-Day week trip to France, managed to get away with the Upton Jazz festival.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Loads of stalls selling 40's dresses, uniforms , military items . We were very impressed on how cheap everything was. Amanda's complete outfit was only £5 trousers, coat . hat :)
just spoken to kes and she is up for it to,her first question was "can we dress up" ,ive been online looking for a ww2 kilt :LOL::LOL:(y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
We would love to come, all our going out clothes are 30's, 40's & 50's style as we go out swing & jive dancing 3 - 4 times a week when at home.
One of our daughters is getting married beginning of August so I've been grounded, not even allowed to do our 3-4 week D-Day week trip to France, managed to get away with the Upton Jazz festival.
do you do ceroc lenny?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back