Moselle Valley (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Looking for recommendation sites up the Moselle Valley. North of Trier but not Cochem as i have done that twice. Looking for site that has a bar/restaurant or walking distance to town. Allow dogs and prefer somewhere Cochem size as we will be there two nights. May spit between two sites if recommended a few nice ones.

BTW the Cochem camp sight i can recommend. If you have not been i hired a van last year for €90 for two nights for the wife and myself. Caravan had an awning, cooker and TV. Power was in the price and wash rooms were all clean, warm and free hot water/showers.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Bernkastel-Kues is wonderful. Not sure about a camp site as we stay in the car park on the other side of the river. Easy walk into town

upload_2016-1-23_21-28-52.png

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Also while you are in the area take a look at Monschau, unforgettable. Maybe an hour north.

upload_2016-1-23_21-55-40.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Also while you are in the area take a look at Monschau, unforgettable. Maybe an hour north.

That looks stunning and right up out street. Quick google says 20 min walk from camp sight. As it happens i would be going up that way to visit friends south Holland (Linne) so i think i will be visiting Monschau.

Thank you

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
There is a large hypermarket at the top of the hill with beer and wine store to stock up .

Lol. You got Scottish blood? That was what i liked about the Cochem site. Aldi was a few minute walk and you got six 500ml Belgian beers for €1.60. Yes i tood advantage :)

Anyone recommend anywhere further north up the valley heading towards Koblenz? May do a night at each end.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
There are so many good sites either side of the river that we found the best thing to do was to enjoy driving up the river and finding what feels good for you. That's what we will be doing come June / July. Having said that, it's nice to get some recommendations before heading off...:smiley:

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Lol. You got Scottish blood? That was what i liked about the Cochem site. Aldi was a few minute walk and you got six 500ml Belgian beers for €1.60. Yes i tood advantage :)

Anyone recommend anywhere further north up the valley heading towards Koblenz? May do a night at each end.

Some, it was more that the hypermarket was really good and had a getrankemarkt attached which is a beer, wine, water shop so perfect for crates of beer when in Germany.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Some, it was more that the hypermarket was really good and had a getrankemarkt attached which is a beer, wine, water shop so perfect for crates of beer when in Germany.

My first night this year is south east Belgum at this site

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...18f89dd3d663:0xb91412b7b635170a!6m1!1e1?hl=en

The blue shop on the right is a beer type cash and carry (Ardenne Boissons) what i will take advantage of. Across the road is a C&A what the wife is also happy about and further up the road is Aldi :D Not seen a local McDonalds yet.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Watching this thread with interest as we plan to travel along the Moselle and Rhine in May. Know the Rhine but not been along the Moselle as much.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Watching this thread with interest as we plan to travel along the Moselle and Rhine in May. Know the Rhine but not been along the Moselle as much.

Dont look at staying at Trier. Its a bit of a dump. Nice and clean enough site but a trek into town what would be either up a dark river bank or through an industrial area what is also full of Knocking shops. Anything north looks fantastic, Im just after recommendations as to places with a bit of night life.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
My first night this year is south east Belgum at this site

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Camping+de+Renval/@50.0024599,5.695815,3a,75y,100.26h,91.36t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s2Z66khWY5KjkM5yA5IG6bg!2e0!6s//geo1.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=2Z66khWY5KjkM5yA5IG6bg&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=165.46663&pitch=0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x47c018f89dd3d663:0xb91412b7b635170a!6m1!1e1?hl=en

The blue shop on the right is a beer type cash and carry (Ardenne Boissons) what i will take advantage of. Across the road is a C&A what the wife is also happy about and further up the road is Aldi :D Not seen a local McDonalds yet.

Just make sure it's not a public holiday like last time we were in Bastogne and the beer shop was closed (looked good through the window). The new WWII museum by the US Memorial is well worth a visit.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Just make sure it's not a public holiday like last time we were in Bastogne and the beer shop was closed (looked good through the window). The new WWII museum by the US Memorial is well worth a visit.

I am crossing at Zeebrugge and just down the road is this for cheap beer and tobacco

Broken Link Removed

However if you are a smoker Luxembourg is the place. Yet to find cheaper than rout66

http://www.route66-tobacco-lux.com/index.html

Quit smoking myself but i can double my money from that shop and the wife still smokes so we get her years worth while we are over.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
So were you at that camp site Orridge? It looks quite nice. Was there eatery's inside the site or do i need to go out?

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Higher, planning ourselves to do the same in early May, might be nice to touch base nearer the time.

Baz

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
So were you at that camp site Orridge? It looks quite nice. Was there eatery's inside the site or do i need to go out?
No the first time we stayed at the Aire in Bastogne which is just a car park but handy for the town. At Christmas we stayed 30 mins away in Luxembourg at Camping Fuussekaul which is a great site in the Ardennes but the roads are a little windy.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We stayed on the stellplaze in Trier, it's a barrier and ticket job and there is a machine there to top up your card if you want ehu or a shower. We met a Welsh couple who missed the turning for it, so overnighted in McDonald's car park, about 300 yards away. They said there was a bit of activity with cars turning up through the night, then flashing their headlights at one another and then a different kind of flashing happened :eek:
Not a lot going on in Trier, but it was a convenient stop over for us.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Dont look at staying at Trier. Its a bit of a dump. Nice and clean enough site but a trek into town what would be either up a dark river bank or through an industrial area what is also full of Knocking shops. Anything north looks fantastic, Im just after recommendations as to places with a bit of night life.
We stayed at Trier years ago on the aire and weren't very impressed either

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Just use the Stellplatz. 99% in or at one end of village or small town. We have done the whole Mosel down into France never used a campsite yet no need to. Never paid more than €10 fully serviced pitch with WiFi.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Yes we are going early May as well and I notice you arn't far from us have you any fixed plans yet?
No fixed plans at all, apart from we can't leave sunny! Blackburn until 2nd May. Totally flexible for two months from then.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Ferry booked about 3 weeks ago. Wife sorts that out. I just sort route sort aires or stellplatz drive van map read and do all outside setting up. Ann then does cooking. Works for us

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back