Brand new and desperately in need of advice (1 Viewer)

whiskers27

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
Hi All

really hoping you can help a newbie, wehave been a caravan owners for a couple of years and have now decided to purchase a motorhome, we have been to look at a dethleffs A6915 SG and would like to know if any one owns one or if any one has anything good or bad to say about them.

thanks in advance

Mick & Caz

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Some people luv 'em some don't.

We had a Dethleffs for a couple of months and managed to get all our money back - 'nuff said!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mick & Caz, Detheleffs have a good reputation but there are good and bad in every marque so be careful and check everything twice:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Mick & Caz, from another pair of ex tuggers. :Smile:

Good advice from Jim. Also, if a deal looks too good to be true, it usually is. Be careful. :thumb:

Jock & Rita.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi All

really hoping you can help a newbie, wehave been a caravan owners for a couple of years and have now decided to purchase a motorhome, we have been to look at a dethleffs A6915 SG and would like to know if any one owns one or if any one has anything good or bad to say about them.

thanks in advance

Mick & Caz

Some people luv 'em some don't.

We had a Dethleffs for a couple of months and managed to get all our money back - 'nuff said!

We love our Dethleffs - it's an A Class.

Some people don't lke them. There may have been problems or just a layout that didn't work.

By and large I believe that they are well built and reasonably solid, but many belive that Hymers, etc. are better built and more sturdy - certainly the insulation sandwich in the Hymer is superior.

Horses for courses, really. I wouldn't urge anyone to buy a particular brand just on the brand name only - there's so much else to take into account, including the way it's been looked after by previous owners.

Enjoy whatever you buy, and enjoy the pastime.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
new or used

if new dont believe the saleman, make sure any/all warranty IS fully documneted, take nothing as "given"

if used dont belive the seller get it independantly checked test EVERYTHING

but most of all ejoy and have fun

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Mick & Caz WELCOME ::bigsmile:

Never owned one but like most vans you hear both good and bad reports.

Must admit I have heard more good than bad reports on Dethleffs, went to look at some when buying last time but found a Laika that suited us better, not reputation just layout.
I think all you can do is look for yourself, use your years of experience as a tugger to check, don't take anyones word for anything, make up your own mind.
If any doubts exist walk away there is always another van, once you have spent your cash it can be an expensive mistake.
Hope you find what you want.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it
Hello Mick and Caz....I love motorhoming but sadly seem to have less time than I hoped....I bought mine from a private seller which as far as I am concerned was exactly what I wanted........BUT BE WARNED ....Please check that there is no finance on the vehicle do an H.P.I. if there is finance make sure you pay the finance company direct........other than that you will know the one you want when you see it ...I think a fixed bed is great!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Please check that there is no finance on the vehicle do an H.P.I. if there is finance make sure you pay the finance company direct........other than that you will know the one you want when you see it ...I think a fixed bed is great!
We go along with all that. An HPI check is the best £45 (at the time), we have ever spent.

We like the fixed bed arrangement too in our Hymer. It beats having to make up the beds, once your visitors have gone back to their MH. :winky:

Jock & Rita.

OP
OP
whiskers27

whiskers27

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
none yet but hopefully many
thanks for your comments

thanks all for your comments ive decided to go for it and buy my first motorhome been up today to sort it all out having some extras fitted too so cant wait to collect it and get going.

looking forward to chatting with you all

::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site do think about coming to the Shepton Mallet motorhome and RV show in September, meet a few of us have a laugh, sort out any problems and buy those odds and sods you decide you can't do without, hee hee

Link Removed

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
HI &Welcome

:Smile: HIYA and welcome it looks like my post is after the event. If you have ordered a Dethleffs you will be happy:roflmto: , i owned one -a 6501 from memory 2003-2006 and it was easily the best of the 3 vans that i bought . Very sturdy , functional ,reliable .....much praise no bad points at all . Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back