LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
My registration document arrived in this mornings post, so now my UK/FRENCH/UK van is back on UK plates(y) (or at least it will be sometime Monday when I get a set of plates made up and change the insurance over) :DTook approx 4 weeks so considering the xmas hols not bad at all (y)Plus I used the van in the meantime -Don't know if it's taxed from December or January but if they did it from import date it will be DEC or from the date I told them it will be Jan ;)
They said it cannot be used on French plates and that once it hits UK soil it should be transported via low loader :whistle::Dbut I did not read that shite until last week :D It has been insured on chassis number so no problem there (y)and I think the plod turns a blind eye on the non UK plates (y)-I must have passed hundreds of ANPR cameras and heard nothing so it's time to change /get all legal :D(y)
terry

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Terry
I assume from the reference UK/FRENCH/UK van you have exported the van from from UK to France and back again?

I need to reimport a motorbike that I exported to France 8 years ago.

Can you describe the process you had to follow please?

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi download a import form from DVLA also do a online -NOVA declaration -send money to tax vehicle along with Nova (notification of vehicle arrival)to DVLA and hopefully you will get back your registration ---Sounds very easy takes about 20 mins to fill all the bump out ---and around 3 hours of cursing when you cannot find the right forms that are there :D(y)
terry
edit forgot about getting a MOT for vehicle ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
WASH your mouth out David :D
No vat payable on vehicles over 6 mths old and 6k miles on the clock or that could be KLM s-Poss 600 kms (not sure which ) but deffo no VAT---IT may well be 600 kms because I remember thinking when I read it -anyone buying a van abroad could leave it there for six months and import it vat free
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
To add to my good fortune today my car has just come back from MOT (y)Cost 65 quid -40 for MOT and 25 to stop front brakes sticking on due to lack of use and unblocking the washers
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OK van is now on UK plates along with insurance changed over from Chassis to actual number plate number (y)While I was at my mates getting the number plates done I got him to take the top arch bit of the graphic line off and I think the van looks a lot better for it -Once he gets into his new unit he will sort graphics out properly for me or at least continue the line to the front of the cab area(y)
small 2.jpg
small 2.jpg
P1030702.JPG
P1030702.JPG

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
OK van is now on UK plates along with insurance changed over from Chassis to actual number plate number (y)While I was at my mates getting the number plates done I got him to take the top arch bit of the graphic line off and I think the van looks a lot better for it -Once he gets into his new unit he will sort graphics out properly for me or at least continue the line to the front of the cab area(y)View attachment 90670 View attachment 90670 View attachment 90671 View attachment 90671
Has she got a name yet?!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have relatives who bought a narrow boat and couldn't come up with a name, but kept getting asked 'whats it called' as it had nothing painted on side, to which they replied nothing yet, they did this so many times they have now named the boat

'NOTHING YET' :)

so nothing wrong with 'NOPE' (y)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH