New Kennels on P&O Hull Zeebrugge ferry (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi all, at the request of @DavidG58 I have looked at the kennel arrangements on this ferry route, David actually thought they had been upgraded but in reality the ship goes in for refit next week.

I was told that they are spending £70k on new kennel arrangements, there will be a seperate area on the car deck with heating and air conditioning and also a asto turf "walkies" area. Owners are allowed onto the car deck to see their dogs but they must be accompanied by a crew member. I was told that you can still leave your dog in a car or motorhome but you must sign some sort of disclaimer.

The guy running this area is a dog owner/breeder so understands the owner perspective, he said that dogs are monitored every hour and if any are showing signs of distress the owners can/will be contacted by the ships crew.

Martin

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks Martin

Have a great time, we woke up to a lovely sunrise over Spurn, hope you have similar in Zeebrugge (y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just having a lunch stop before Rouen, and then heading To Marboue, a leisurely drive down following co-pilots "avoid tolls if possible" it took us a short cut past St Omer and around Abbeville and then back onto A28 after the tolls section.

I like saving money me.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Being absolutely useless with an iPad ,how do I put a photo from my album and copy to here? Please

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just hit upload file which is next to Post reply then choose file and either from library or take it with the camera, then you just choose to show it as a thumbnail or the full size straight away.

Martin

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Daughters trip home harwich/hook this Xmas shame about the dog owners, did tell her to feed him, btw these are the medium size kennels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 69
?

Deleted User
Is that P&O Violet1? If they do adequate kennels then that would save me a long drive south.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is that why your checking out the dog kennels Martin?

Hope you have a good trip, have you decided which way your going yet?

Jon

Good idea(y) San Sebastián towards Santander and then over to Salamanca and Seville and then the coast seems to be favourite, got some friends going to Albir/Benidorm in an apartment early March so might come back that way. When are you crossing back from Morocco.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is that P&O Violet1? If they do adequate kennels then that would save me a long drive south.
P&O run from Hull, might be worth you looking at the Newcastle to Ijmuden/Amsterdam ferry depending on where you are heading on the continent.

Martin

?

Deleted User
P&O run from Hull, might be worth you looking at the Newcastle to Ijmuden/Amsterdam ferry depending on where you are heading on the continent.

Martin
Yeah i know that Martin. Normally go DFDS from Newcastle but starting to go of them due to crap staff attitude. I was a Hull P&O traveler in the 90's and think i will return. Just got a message from P&O and the girl said the Pride of York does not have a exercise area but the rest do. This link gives the kennel sizes

http://www.poferries.com/en/hull-rotterdam/travelling-with-us/taking-your-pet

Hull to Zeebrugge use Pride Of Hull and Rotterdam at present.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yeah i know that Martin. Normally go DFDS from Newcastle but starting to go of them due to crap staff attitude. I was a Hull P&O traveler in the 90's and think i will return. Just got a message from P&O and the girl said the Pride of York does not have a exercise area but the rest do. This link gives the kennel sizes

http://www.poferries.com/en/hull-rotterdam/travelling-with-us/taking-your-pet

Hull to Zeebrugge use Pride Of Hull and Rotterdam at present.

The pride of York goes for re-fit next week though which will bring it up to spec.

Martin

?

Deleted User
The pride of York goes for re-fit next week though which will bring it up to spec.

Martin
Yeah she did say as yet but never said when. Good for me to have the Rotterdam option as i have a friend close by. Hill is only another 100 miles or so to me rather than a few 100 to get down south. Quick quote came in at just £80 more than the wife and me in the car with DFDS so i am happy at that.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We always use the Caravan Club for good prices on the P&O Hull routes, just crossed for a £330 with a £20 cabin upgrade and £45 worth of camping cheques thrown in, so take off the cabin upgrade and we are getting it for £275 return which isn't too bad.

Martin

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
No its stenaline from harwich to hofh kennels are £18.00 each way first come etc. But foot passengers have priority as usually board first. If you take a cabin they also have dedicated tv cctv on kennels so you can check without disturbing them during crossing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back