Sludge makers - am I missing something? (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
It seems to be trendy now to have one of those liquidiser jobbies into which you put all sorts of nice and succulent fruit or veggies and whisk it up into a green or grey sludge which you then drink direct from the huge trough.

What's that all about?

Isn't it nicer to eat same in it's original form?

Maybe I'm just getting old! :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
friends on site we go to in Italy every summer bring a commercial sludge maker and dish up wonderful alcoholic fruit drinks for all :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought a juicer a few years ago thinking we could make something like V5 much cheaper. After it lying unused on a shelf for most of the time since we actually gave it to one of our sons a couple of weeks ago. Apparently he and his wife are enjoying using it. I shall stick to Lidl tomato juice :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I cant really see the point of having one, :( Do they make wine, beer, or tabs??

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Much the same as I said in the soup maker thread, why do you want to blunge everything up till it tastes of none of the ingredients.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We had one years ago, never personally liked the sludge it made, I'd rather eat the fruit. Then the bugger exploded and sent a 4" diameter disc of razor sharp metal whizzing about the kitchen at 3000RPM! Never considered replacing the vicious monster.

D.

Reactions: GJH

Deleted User
Are these things in a professional kitchen? No, there's a reason. On the other hand stick blenders the size of a Kango, and that rips soup up in no time.
Best knives you can afford, large chopping 10", 7", pairing knife or beak shaped knife, slim knife as in carving. Best you can buy bread / serrated knife, and the small twist bladed peeler, small 6" pallette knife. Proper sized chopping boards at least 2' X 1'. Thick bottomed stainless steel pans. Stainless sieve, a chinois and some silicon spoons. You can do practically every job in a kitchen with those.
Blenders, chocolate fountains, waffle makers, omelette shaped pans, mixers all head for the car boot sales 6 months after Christmas.
Unless your making a couple of cakes or bread a day, large mixing bowl, spoon and elbow grease will do the job with much more satisfaction.
But if your into Italian Pasta, cake decoration, ice cream making, jam etc. Then some more gear helps.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Are these things in a professional kitchen? No, there's a reason. On the other hand stick blenders the size of a Kango, and that rips soup up in no time.
Best knives you can afford, large chopping 10", 7", pairing knife or beak shaped knife, slim knife as in carving. Best you can buy bread / serrated knife, and the small twist bladed peeler, small 6" pallette knife. Proper sized chopping boards at least 2' X 1'. Thick bottomed stainless steel pans. Stainless sieve, a chinois and some silicon spoons. You can do practically every job in a kitchen with those.
Blenders, chocolate fountains, waffle makers, omelette shaped pans, mixers all head for the car boot sales 6 months after Christmas.
Unless your making a couple of cakes or bread a day, large mixing bowl, spoon and elbow grease will do the job with much more satisfaction.
But if your into Italian Pasta, cake decoration, ice cream making, jam etc. Then some more gear helps.
Spot on (y)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
It seems to be trendy now to have one of those liquidiser jobbies into which you put all sorts of nice and succulent fruit or veggies and whisk it up into a green or grey sludge which you then drink direct from the huge trough.

What's that all about?

Isn't it nicer to eat same in it's original form?

Maybe I'm just getting old! :)

yup the BIN
best place for them

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Thks for that some useful tips for the wife Christmas presents

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Like many of us out there I am not as keen as I should be on my "greens". I certainly wouldnt eat broccoli or spinach but now chuck them into a juicer with say apples, avocado etc and I love the whole mix. I try to take at least one juice a day either veg or fruit based. Now I am taking in more greens/fruit beyond the famous '5 a day' so for me juicers work time and again.

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I hear what you're saying @sylvester1954 , but unfortunately by juicing the veg or fruit you removal just about all the fibre so although you get the benefits of the vitamins you don't get the full benefit of the fruit and veg.

Still, better than nothing, (y) , just sayin'

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Surely you must have a trendy juicer thingy to stand next to your coffee machine and breadmaker on your spacious motorhome work top?

What is the point of earning all that money if you can't invest it in these things that remind you how well you are doing. ;)

JJ :cool:

Deleted User
I have a ridiculously expensive (€50 Worten) espresso machine.(I like proper strong coffee)

SWMBO has a similarly priced Worten breadmaker ( I would prefer local bread but it keeps her amused:))........see how we like to support local businesses:)

We must be doing well........no juicer though.......or washing up machine.......or washer.......second thoughts we must be really poor:rofl:

Reactions: JJ

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Surely you must have a trendy juicer thingy to stand next to your coffee machine and breadmaker on your spacious motorhome work top?

What is the point of earning all that money if you can't invest it in these things that remind you how well you are doing. ;)

JJ :cool:
Brought the boss the juicer she had to have as daughter has one, that was last Christmas, it has been sitting there admiring the breadmaker for 11 months. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back