So on the basis of 10 nights in the Canadian Rockies... (1 Viewer)

OurOtherRV

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi All
I've been hankering after getting a MH for several years now although we had never actually experienced living in one. Since we are now both retired (mostly) we decided this would be a good time to do just that and to try one out for part of our holiday in Canada in September. Loved it! So after some research, off we went to the NEC show in November ready to order our Chausson 610 Welcome - and it arrives in just 8 weeks time!
We plan to use it both in the UK (shorter trips & rallies) and on the continent (hopefully, extended trips). I have so many 'newbie' questions, some of which I've already found the answers to on the forums here (thank you everyone for being willing to answer the same questions over & over... by the way - what is a SOG?).

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
When you are over there, try driving "The Alaska Highway"
It starts in Dawson Creek B C, great little town, as is nearby Pouce Coupe.

We were meant to do it in 74 on our honeymoon, but we only got to milepost 200 and odd and the Mounties turned us back, there had been a storm further up and they were expecting a couple of bridges to go. Because we were in a station wagon they deemed it to be not suitable for us to survive if we were trapped.

But swings and roundabouts(y) It gave us more time to spend in Hawaii on the way back home(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

OP
OP
OurOtherRV

OurOtherRV

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks for your welcomes.
Sorry rangitira - I meant last September - and we didn't get on the Alaska Highway but we did drive the Icefields Parkway. :)
Marilyn & Richard

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Welcome to Fun. Enjoy your new motorhome, travel everywhere you can. :welcome3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements