B544 - - what is this drainage pipe? (1 Viewer)

Valkman

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
5 years
Hi all,
I'm trying to establish what the ribbed drainage pipe in the attached photo is for. It's sited to rear offside just forward of R/O/S wheel. I can't think what it drains and am now wonering if it is either an overflow pipe or a breather pipe. Can anyone shed light on it?
Also in one of the floor lockers is a length of nylon string that disappears somewhere and seems to pull something against the resistance of a spring. Any ideas?

Broken Link Removed
Best wishes to all....

Reactions: Jim
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all,
I'm trying to establish what the ribbed drainage pipe in the attached photo is for. It's sited to rear offside just forward of R/O/S wheel. I can't think what it drains and am now wonering if it is either an overflow pipe or a breather pipe. Can anyone shed light on it?
Also in one of the floor lockers is a length of nylon string that disappears somewhere and seems to pull something against the resistance of a spring. Any ideas?

Broken Link Removed
Best wishes to all....
Possibly a gas drop out point given its location near the heater.

Reactions: Jim

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Tenna for men? How close to the bed is it, it could save you getting up in the night?

I'll get my own coat thanks :getmecoat:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Bloody hell! It could be a covert grey water dump valve!:Eeek:

GREY WATER THREAD ALERT!!! :doh::laughing:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
In our old B544 our hob is situated at the rear o/s and has a drain to cater for spillage, is that what its for?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Is it close to the fridge? If so could it be a defrost drain?
I have noticed a similar pipe running behind our fridge which exits below the floor. No idea what it's for but assume its a drain for defrost water rather than it evaporating.

Richard.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Hi all,

Broken Link Removed
Best wishes to all....
It'll be a leak drain...

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
In our B564 we had a cord like that, it was for diverting heat into the waste tank to stop it freezing.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Try getting the wife to sit in the passenger seat, then pull it...:hi5:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
In our B564 we had a cord like that, it was for diverting heat into the waste tank to stop it freezing.
Oh, that's a bit boring. I like the hidden grey waste dump valve conspiracy theory better. :whistle::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back