Swapping gas bottles in Spain (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We have a BBQ with a Camping Gaz bottle no 904 (butane). About to set off for Spain and I know the gas will not last very long. It is easy to swap a UK purchased gas bottle for a Spanish gas bottle and will I need a new regulator. Is this a stupid question?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Camping Gaz bottles are the same all over Europe .. so no problem exchanging them.. believe they are also cheaper abroad.

On the other hand, Calor Butane or Propane bottles cannot be exchanged outside the UK.. you need to buy a Spanish bottle and regulator.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Thanks for your quick replies. OK, here's another question - do I have to wait until it runs out to disconnect the regulator before taking the cylinder in for swapping? Or should I bleed what remaining gas there is in the cylinder off?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for your quick replies. OK, here's another question - do I have to wait until it runs out to disconnect the regulator before taking the cylinder in for swapping? Or should I bleed what remaining gas there is in the cylinder off?

no need to wait until empty.. . you can undo the regulator.. the bottle is self sealing

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
You dont have to as the bottles are self sealing, but it would be a waste of gas if you did.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Camping Gaz much cheaper in Spain than France, Portugal or UK.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Bare in mind where you intend to go though - re availability.
If you go on the Camping Gaz site and input Spain into the dealer locator it will show you all the recognised suppliers.
It's possible we may bring our Romahome (Camping Gaz) to Aguilas, Costa Calida next winter instead of our 5ver (Cepsa) but if we want to come back to this site, we'll have to travel either up to Cartegena (about 50 miles) or down to Almeria.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
If you get a Spanish bottle and adaptor it will be a lot lot cheaper.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Bare in mind where you intend to go though - re availability.
If you go on the Camping Gaz site and input Spain into the dealer locator it will show you all the recognised suppliers.
It's possible we may bring our Romahome (Camping Gaz) to Aguilas, Costa Calida next winter instead of our 5ver (Cepsa) but if we want to come back to this site, we'll have to travel either up to Cartegena (about 50 miles) or down to Almeria.

Most all ferreterias keep camping gaz botles. I was surprised at how many the supermarket in our village keeps having never seen anyone use them except a plumber.
The ferreteria alongside the rambla in Águilas used to stock
907's . That's the one down turning with the Renault garage on main road.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Most all ferreterias keep camping gaz botles. I was surprised at how many the supermarket in our village keeps having never seen anyone use them except a plumber.
The ferreteria alongside the rambla in Águilas used to stock
907's . That's the one down turning with the Renault garage on main road.

Thanks Gus, appreciate the info. The only ones I've seen so far in this area are copies of the small pierceable (206) in the Chinese bazars. Gonna go have a look on the way to the beach! :D

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
907 bottles are usually every where . the 903 can be a bit harder to find .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back