Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years
Hi,
Has any one tried the Ring 230 Volt Mains Power Rapid Air Compressor RAC750 or the Ring RAC900 heavy duty 12 volt ? These seem to be the most popular, as I need to inflate my tyres to 5.5 bar I wondered which of these would be the best ?

Many Thanks
Mick.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi,
Has any one tried the Ring 230 Volt Mains Power Rapid Air Compressor RAC750 or the Ring RAC900 heavy duty 12 volt ? These seem to be the most popular, as I need to inflate my tyres to 5.5 bar I wondered which of these would be the best ?

Many Thanks
Mick.

Don't know but there was a big thread on 12V tyre inflaters in the last few days, have a search.

shortfuse

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Inverness
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
Hi Mick
Bought the Ring 900 , very pleased with it but I think I paid over the top for it about £85:00 including p&p:Sad:
regards sf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
air compressors 12v

my experience with 12v compressors is they're just not up to the job one that i've got
claims 250psi but i can't even get it to inflate to 75psi they just can't deliver:whatthe:

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Mick

The Ring RAC 900 is an excellent 12v tyre compressor. I bought one on the recommendation of an off-roader friend who deflates his tyres to increase grip and then inflates when back on-road.

I use it to inflate my Hymer's tyres to 5.5bar without any problems and whilst it does get hot, it has never struggled. You must connect direct to the battery.

It is ruggedly built, has an excellent reach (7m) from the battery to the rear tyres and has a very accurate tyre pressure gauge. It all packs away in a very neat and compact case.

I bought mine from CPS for about £65 delivered but I think that they have gone up to around £85. Expensive yes, but as the proud owner of a box of knackered cheapo compressors, it is the last one I will buy.

Highly recommended bit of kit.

Pat

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I bought one a couple of years ago, they do the job well.

Link Removed
They have gone up a little. :thumb:

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
my experience with 12v compressors is they're just not up to the job one that i've got
claims 250psi but i can't even get it to inflate to 75psi they just can't deliver:whatthe:

I've one that gave up, in fact it probably sucked air out but another made the required 72 lbs in time. Can't recall the make, maybe Halfords, has a built in torch.

I was really p$ssed off on the motorway one day, it took my cash and failed to inflate to 72.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back