Finally home with the new van. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Flew out Friday morning to collect my new PVC in Germany, I knew from the off things weren't going to go smoothly when I had a terrible sleep in my daughters Uni flat. Then it took them 90 minutes to find my case after a 60minute flight, then on my second flight security decided to search and swab my luggage only to find a small pair of black knickers and asked are these yours sir with a wink.

Anyway arrived in Dortmund and after 1 bus and 2 trains I arrived in Buldern with a 5 minute walk to the hotel, went out for some dinner and a pint, now not as fancy as some @Robert Clark bit very nice and at €20 for 2 pints and this it was well worth it.
image.png

Next morning dealer arrives to collect me as planned, Dominik who I dealt with was unavailable due to his wife being in labour with their first child so I'll let him off.

Once at the garage I was taken through all the workings of the motorhome and they discovered they had forgot to put the waste tank heating in so they have told me to get it done here and send them the bill and apologied for the inconvenience. After a hand over and a cuppa I then head for the ferry making good time dislike the weather.

Arrive at the very just before 17:00 for my 18:00 ferry to be told there is a problem with the boat, eventually boarded just before 21:00 to be told it was a suspicious package so had bomb disposal on board.

I was planning on spending the night at Popeyes in the New Forest and after texting him a few times to let him know where I was he was still more than happy for me to arrive at 01:30. I have to say Griff does have a lovely wife Jackie who done me a lovely cooked breakfast with loads of tea no idea how he managed to pull her.

Van booked In at Vanbitz for Monday morning so headed to Cornish Farm for the night and although it was dark and wet I had a quick look round and the site does look very neat and tidy with the toilet blocks being spotless.

Van dropped of and spent the day in Tauton before the walk back to collect it, was taken through the alarm system even though I'll forget it tomorrow and also the solar stuff I had fitted very pleased with the work carried out. Then had a nice chat with a very busy @eddievanbitz before heading home only to get stuck on the M5 due to a lorry hitting a bridge so arrived home very tired just before midnight.

Even thou it's been long so far I'm over the moon with the van now to pay the VAT and get it registered

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
you don't hang about Gerry - hope you enjoy your new van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Glad your home safe and sound after your iffy start. What alarm system did you opt for, pm me if it's a secret?;)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
That's right Gerry, get in first with the digs, You roll up here at 01.30 in the morning, place your order for breakfast and then so tired collapse in the comfort of your new Van. I had to take this picture of the clock coz I couldn't believe the neck of some funsters turning up at any old hour. You won't get this at a Caravan club meet tha-nose.

Gerry1.JPG

Following Day (Sunday) after a fried Breakfast (which is the only reason I invite people here so that I get one too), you sit there drinking unimaginable quantities of tea before even showing us over the Bargain that is the new set-a-wheels.

Gerry2.JPG

Very nice too, I even swept it out for him, that's the kind of host I am.........

Gerry3.JPG

Of course the Cook gets first invite

Gerry4.JPG

..and then eventually I manage a peek inside.

..............................................Two Hotdogs please chief.

Gerry8.JPG

Lovely to finally meet you Gerry and I am so impressed with the van, the extras and the price which I will keep Schtum about.

Safe travels and don't let that @eddievanbitz rip you off any more than he did me!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well done Gerry on your new van - looks great
Does @Popeye offer overnight stops for all Funsters, or just the carefully selected and vetted ones?

Not that carefully selected as can be seen by the company that has been here, @ROB1CHELSEA1 , @Armytwowheels , @swanseajack13 , @cliffandger , @lorger , but I daren't invite you Robert as judging by your pictures we do not possess either the wine cellar or the culinary skills to sate your most magnificent appetite............ :wink:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Congratulations on finally picking up your new pride and joy! She looks lovely and after such a journey I'm sure future ones will be much more relaxed and fun!enjoy:party2:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sounds like a nice well planned adventure Lorger, but please tell more about the Black knickers;)

What he said?????:rolleyes::p

I put a post on here on Saturday I forgot to take my toothpaste out of my carry on case and the security pick up on this, they then said they would have to do a drugs swab and search my case, on doing this they found a pair of black knickers in a pocket belonging to my daughter as its her case. The security guy then asked are these yours sir and winked at me so they now think I'm a drug smuggling transvesttie

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Glad your home safe and sound after your iffy start. What alarm system did you opt for, pm me if it's a secret?;)

I opted dot the strikeback and was more than happy with the way I was dealt with at Vanbitz all very friendly and professional at the same time.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Gerry what a good looking van, you'll be able to dine out on your adventure collecting it for some time. Enjoy and have fun look forward to catching up in a field somewhere. (y)

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Lovely van and much more exciting than picking one up here, we have visited Cornish farm as. Well lovely neat site and helpful staff enjoy your travels.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I opted dot the strikeback and was more than happy with the way I was dealt with at Vanbitz all very friendly and professional at the same time.

Thanks for reply Gerry, will probably be in touch with Vanbitz later when we know roughly when we are visiting F I L near Tiverton. (y)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
WHEN we called into@popeye's we had to leave the dogs in our m/h because he is a tea leaf I would check inside yours ,as he could not get into our m/h he tried to nick a WELSH badge of the back of my m/h Jackie is the distraction and popeye will nick from you and put it on ebay so be warned ray lol still lol xx what have you go to sell popeye

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back