Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
Hi All

Just a note to say we just got back from a 8 week trip around Scandinavia (with our 2 flatcoats) - amazing trip to do. We did the full 'loop' ie. Denmark-Sweden-Norway-Finland-Estonia-Latvia-Lithuania and Poland. We saw one other GB van on the whole trip (12,500 kms). Anyone wanting the 'low-down' if planning a similar trip just ask.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi All

Just a note to say we just got back from a 8 week trip around Scandinavia (with our 2 flatcoats) - amazing trip to do. We did the full 'loop' ie. Denmark-Sweden-Norway-Finland-Estonia-Latvia-Lithuania and Poland. We saw one other GB van on the whole trip (12,500 kms). Anyone wanting the 'low-down' if planning a similar trip just ask.:thumb:

Please post some details. Particularly cost, weather and essential places to visit.

We once did the vomit cruise Newcastle/Bergan for a quick look but when the tour guide said they have 300 days rain a year we sort of lost interest. Oh boy did I vomit, I was clinging to the edge of the bed to stop falling out before resorting to clinging to the toilet. That may have influenced my view of Norway. Lovely sight cruising the cost in a snowy November.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi All

Great trip.. one we would like to do

adding to Brian's post, can you also give details of sites, wild camping places etc

I would like to make a Google map up for that route, so any information would be useful..

do you have a blog or web site ?

Cheers

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
also interested - though we'd keep to the western side and maybe jump over to iceland...

sueden

Free Member
Jun 6, 2009
Funster No
Your trip sounds just what we are looking for. Hoping to retrie shortly and planned to "go North". Would be grateful to hear of any planning etc.

cheers
sue :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisshipp

Free Member
Jul 28, 2009
Funster No
Iceland?

also interested - though we'd keep to the western side and maybe jump over to iceland...

How do you "jump" over to Iceland? Last time I looked the ferry far was £2,300!! ...and ominously, they say "only weather permitting" - I'd reckon that £2,300 for feeding the fishes is a bit OTT or am I missing something?

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back