Black and Grey Water Dumping in Spain (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

It's a long way off but I thought I would ask the question.

Last late Autumn we went through France and into Spain. We had a thoroughly wonderful time but, the further we went down through Spain, the harder it was to get rid of the subject matter.

Now, with experience comes knowledge and at one particular place we went to I am now aware of a facility to get rid. Can I ask this.
As a generalisation, will Spanish campsites allow you to do a 'Service Stop' (for a fee naturally) to get rid of Black and Grey.

I know I can lift a manhole but, on the proboble chance that I won't find one, are the campsites obliging..

Thanks for replies in advance.

Reactions: LAM
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
A quick search on Camper Contact shows 17 "free" sites in Valencia, 15 of which have water disposal facilities. The first one I checked offered free water & disposal (grey & black).

Do you use their app? - Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A lot more aires springing up now... Most are private so they will gladly take your cash and let you get sorted.
More village, French styles are also opening...

Get "All the Aires Spain" and also check out here...
Link Removed

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I've got the Campercontact App and the book. The Lapaca site is on the tablet as are a couple more.

I appreciate that more "Areas" are opening up as we speak and that can only be a good thing. When we were away we were much further south than Valencia and the further one went, the further apart the Areas became.
I only asked the original question regarding campsites because I didn't know the answer and wondered if anyone knew.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
On this Spanish website you will find a number of suitable places listed, including car washes that double up as motorhome service points. We used a few and only paid to fill up with fresh water (2€). Dumping black and grey waste was free. Really good resource.
Hope that helps
Mags

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Thanks Mags sure it will be helpful, shame they don't have Englise version.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I wouldn't bother in Spain. They spread black water onto their crops. :(

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well............. this morning was approaching the Majal camp site slip lane coming onto the motorway was a UK registered MH with gray waste open ( must have just left camp site ) spraying water all over the road and on the front of my car. So being the nice chap that I am as I passed him and his wife I indicated what was happening. Now thinking I was Spanish ( because my car has Spanish reg ) he gave me the one finger salute and it was not displaying respect, then his wife did the same.
That's like a red flag to a bull......... so I followed them ( was on my route ) until they pulled off into the petrol station. I got out of my car and approached them and he got the shock of his life when I spoke English. I asked why he dropped the grey waste on the road not 1km from the camp site giving MH'ers a bad name he stated F.......Off you boring bar-steward.........................
So I called the police over that were in the garage area and showed them the video footage from the dash cam and they stopped him there and then. They have removed my SD card for evidence and I should receive it in the post some time in the next 10 years!!!!! Should get a 80 euro or more fine. Anyway I went up to the driver before leaving and he was calling me all the words under the sun stating I'm a marked man? (really!) and I told him all he had to do was be nice..............
Now don't think for one minute that I feel guilty, because had he been nice I would have introduced myself and explained that had the police seen him he would have been pulled over and left it at that. You are no doubt asking at this point if I dump my grey waste on the road whilst driving? and the answer is no not whilst driving, but I do dump it in a layby or on disused road, but not over someone's car on a motorway.
I did not see a Funster's sticker on the vehicle, but if you are reading this perhaps next time try and be a little more polite to someone trying to help you. If you want to discuss the "marked man" thing just give me a place and time.
RANT over..................

Deleted User
If I saw someone beating up an old lady I would probably intervene and call the police.

I doubt I'd waste my valuable and limited heart-beats on a bucketful of soapy water though :giggler:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
If I saw someone beating up an old lady I would probably intervene and call the police.

I doubt I'd waste my valuable and limited heart-beats on a bucketful of soapy water though :giggler:
But if I was giving you the one finger salute and telling you to F.......Off you boring bar-steward, whilst getting rid of my bucketful of water what would you do then?

Deleted User
But if I was giving you the one finger salute and telling you to F.......Off you boring bar-steward, whilst getting rid of my bucketful of water what would you do then?

Ignore you, if you were behaving like that then you obviously wouldn't be worth wasting my breath on.

He effed an jeffed because you pursued him. After the exchange of one finger salutes were you expecting an adult debate? (Bearing in mind you were also angry at this point)

If the cops hadn't been there and he decided to take a baseball bat to your head (or dirty car) then you might have regretted your act of public service.

Some things are worth getting involved in, others less so and in my world, this is in the "less so" camp.

I just ain't worth the risk.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Ignore you, if you were behaving like that then you obviously wouldn't be worth wasting my breath on.

He effed an jeffed because you pursued him. After the exchange of one finger salutes were you expecting an adult debate? (Bearing in mind you were also angry at this point)

If the cops hadn't been there and he decided to take a baseball bat to your head (or dirty car) then you might have regretted your act of public service.

Some things are worth getting involved in, others less so and in my world, this is in the "less so" camp.

I just ain't worth the risk.
As the car cam was running I doubt he would have a leg to stand on if in your words "he took a baseball bat to me or the car". At 6ft and build like a brick out house I doubt he would have got the bat above his head before I disarmed him and ruined his day and the rest of his holiday resting up in a hospital.
As you say however some things are worth the effort and others not so much. In this case I thought it was worth it.

Deleted User
As the car cam was running I doubt he would have a leg to stand on if in your words "he took a baseball bat to me or the car". At 6ft and build like a brick out house I doubt he would have got the bat above his head before I disarmed him and ruined his day and the rest of his holiday resting up in a hospital.
As you say however some things are worth the effort and others not so much. In this case I thought it was worth it.

There is always someone bigger (or madder) out there.

Anyway we've jumped all over someone else's thread and dragged it way of topic.

Peace be with you and may all your arguments be with smaller/sensible people (y)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The offending M/H was probably upset because Marjal told him to F Off when he asked if he could dump there.

Which brings me back to the OP.

Do??? Campsites in Spain allow Motorhomers to do a Service visit for a fee?
Pretty please.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well............. this morning was approaching the Majal camp site slip lane coming onto the motorway was a UK registered MH with gray waste open ( must have just left camp site ) spraying water all over the road and on the front of my car. So being the nice chap that I am as I passed him and his wife I indicated what was happening. Now thinking I was Spanish ( because my car has Spanish reg ) he gave me the one finger salute and it was not displaying respect, then his wife did the same.
That's like a red flag to a bull......... so I followed them ( was on my route ) until they pulled off into the petrol station. I got out of my car and approached them and he got the shock of his life when I spoke English. I asked why he dropped the grey waste on the road not 1km from the camp site giving MH'ers a bad name he stated F.......Off you boring bar-steward.........................
So I called the police over that were in the garage area and showed them the video footage from the dash cam and they stopped him there and then. They have removed my SD card for evidence and I should receive it in the post some time in the next 10 years!!!!! Should get a 80 euro or more fine. Anyway I went up to the driver before leaving and he was calling me all the words under the sun stating I'm a marked man? (really!) and I told him all he had to do was be nice..............
Now don't think for one minute that I feel guilty, because had he been nice I would have introduced myself and explained that had the police seen him he would have been pulled over and left it at that. You are no doubt asking at this point if I dump my grey waste on the road whilst driving? and the answer is no not whilst driving, but I do dump it in a layby or on disused road, but not over someone's car on a motorway.
I did not see a Funster's sticker on the vehicle, but if you are reading this perhaps next time try and be a little more polite to someone trying to help you. If you want to discuss the "marked man" thing just give me a place and time.
Hi, can you PM the registration number please of the MH in question please, I will look out for their unfriendly type
behaviour if they visit here, being aggressive towards you is not acceptable in my opinion.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
The offending M/H was probably upset because Marjal told him to F Off when he asked if he could dump there.

Which brings me back to the OP.

Do??? Campsites in Spain allow Motorhomers to do a Service visit for a fee?
Pretty please.
Some do some don't.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Can you PM me your car registration and make/model so when I'm dumping my grey waste along the motorway and I see you following and gesturing I will just keep driving.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
..., the further we went down through Spain, the harder it was to get rid of the subject matter.

... will Spanish campsites allow you to do a 'Service Stop' (for a fee naturally) to get rid of Black and Grey.

Thanks for replies in advance.

So in your original post you never mentioned how far into Spain you were going. Valencia seemed a reasonable estimate AND it was an area I was looking into myself.

Now you say you are going further. OK look on CamperContact at Andalucia W: is that far enough? There are 31 sites classed as "free" and more than 20 of them have water and/or waste discharge; the first 4 that I checked have both and those services are free.

You say you have their app: use it and I'm sure your questions will be answered - Gordon :unsure:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Gordon,

Thanks for your response.

I too have identified the Aires (or Area's as the Spanish call them0

However, I would still like to know the answer to my original question;
"As a generalisation, will Spanish campsites allow you to do a 'Service Stop' (for a fee naturally) to get rid of Black and Grey."

Please do not think that this responder is not grateful. Its just that when you find that good 'wilding' spot, the less you have to travel to get rid, the better.
Hence my request re Campsites in particular.

Deleted User
Gordon,

Thanks for your response.

I too have identified the Aires (or Area's as the Spanish call them0

However, I would still like to know the answer to my original question;
"As a generalisation, will Spanish campsites allow you to do a 'Service Stop' (for a fee naturally) to get rid of Black and Grey."

Please do not think that this responder is not grateful. Its just that when you find that good 'wilding' spot, the less you have to travel to get rid, the better.
Hence my request re Campsites in particular.

I would have thought any answer based on a generalisation would be of no use to anyone, only specifics would be of any use.

My generalisation for what it is worth......some do, some don't.

One specific, Camping Los Escullos in Almeria has a service point outside the gates.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The camperstop here in Totana charges €3 to empty and refill. I would think other Camperstops would do the same.
Stay the night for € 7 which includes free superfast wifi, empty your waste and refill your tank, perhaps camperstops are more likely to offer you your requested service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back