Step Switch (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have a Swift Sundance 530LP and the Rear Door Step became intermittent. I took it to Marquis who sold me the Vehicle and they cleaned the switch and lo and behold it worked beautifully when they demonstrated it to me at their site.
Went away for the weekend and guess what? the step would go out but not back on the switch.(It retracted ok when the engine was started)
Then it stopped altogether. I collected a new switch but am unable to fit it as I no longer have a soldering iron and there is something resembling a resistor across two of the terminals on the old one which I am told needs to be transferred to the new one. Its not a big deal as Marquis are going to look at it next week.
The question I have is, should I get 12v on one of the wires to the switch at all times?
If so (I havent) could it be caused by the fuse on the negative being blown(I dont think so but am not best with electrics), and if so does any one know where the said fuse is located?

Also does anyone know where I can buy a Caravan Step for the motorhome after 7pm on Friday in Sussex, as we are away for the weekend(as is usual) and its a big drop out the back door without a step:Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I changed my switch on my Swift some time ago, I have a copy of the circuit and instructions that I will try and include with this post, also there was no soldering nesseccary.

The switch is the same as many car window controls and coat about £0.5

If the info does not come with this message send me a PM.

Doug..

PS.No, it did not work, the file is too big for motorhomefun system. PM me

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Thanks Doug
The new switch is slightly different to the existing one. While we were away at the weekend I found the fuse in the engine compartment under the air cleaner. Its on the positve feed and it blows with old switch connected. With the new one I tried all combinations until I ran out of 20 Amp fuses, but could not get the switch to work. Not a major problem as its going back to the dealers this week for them to fix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back