LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A little while ago @buttons put a thread on wondering if Soup Makers were any good. I like others said nothing wrong with the good old fashioned way of doing it a pan then blending etc, which it have done for years.
Unbeknown to me my daughter bought me a soup maker for Christmas, to say I have I have changed my mind is an understatement .
Making all sorts of soup no mess takes 22mins, tastes great so I have to admit I was wrong. Loving my Soup Maker.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We had one for Christmas too.

I am not a big fan of soup but guess what I have had 3 times since Christmas day?

Good bit of kit though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We did get one, it is now my Ex's favorite bit of kitchen junk. If it doesn't move then it goes in and comes out as soup. They make it easy to have fresh soup in a flash.Enjoy it......(y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Am I right in assuming they only make "blitzed" soups? Nothing wrong with that most of our soups are, done using a handheld blender but it is nice to have something like minestrone as a contrast.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a Morphy Richard soup maker its brilliant take it in the van with us on long trips. Buy fresh ingredients in local markets and make soup on our travels.

Can you use it when it's not on electric, would be good in the van.

Am I right in assuming they only make "blitzed" soups? Nothing wrong with that most of our soups are, done using a handheld blender but it is nice to have something like minestrone as a contrast.

You can make smooth chunky and Soutee' as well

I like making soups like pea, lentil and broths from dried ingredients. Do soup makers cope with them?

I should imagine if you soak them as usual could do, I have been doing all sorts of experiments with mine, it's a Morphey Richards as well. Soup in 22minutes is pretty good. (y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Any recommendations on make of soup maker? Prices seem to vary wildly for Morphy Richards.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Read some of the reviews on Amethyst before adding it to our Christmas list and there were warnings about the food burning and sticking to the bottom but we've never had a problem.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Can you use it when it's not on electric, would be good in the van

Yes or at least we can as we have 375 amps of leisure batts plus a 1500 watt inverter. Having said that we mainly use it when on site for a few days and make a batch.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Any recommendations on make of soup maker? Prices seem to vary wildly for Morphy Richards.

Think mine was £60 from Argos for our Morphy Richards. (Though. It was a present so was not supposed to know) :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Read some of the reviews on Amethyst before adding it to our Christmas list and there were warnings about the food burning and sticking to the bottom but we've never had a problem.

The Morphy Richards is our 2nd soup maker the first was a cheapo can't remember the make but the food kept sticking to the bottom and heating elements failed twice.
In the end binned the 3rd paid a bit more for the MR which a year on is still excellent.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
image.jpg
Just bought this on today no idea how it works I will leave that to the other half

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Bought mine after being seduced by the sales spiel at Lincoln Show :rolleyes:.
Have to say, alongside my slow cooker & breadmaker, its my most oft used kitchen gadget.
Got a soupmaker recipe book for Christmas (y). So from 'clever' soups to rummaging the bottom of the fridge for assorted veg, to simply buying the soup veg supermarket packs (current fave butternut squash & sweet potato), its all delicious.
Cheap meals too.
I used to buy the fresh supermarket soups so I reckon I've already 'recovered' the cost.

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We also bought ours at the Lincoln show . It has been used almost non stop since we bought it. Even the grandchildren ( who do not like vegetables ) eat every type that is made. Great piece of kit. Although we have since discovered many cheaper makes, we still like the one we bought.
Charlie.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is the 22 minutes to make a soup just the cooking time? I assume it takes longer than that with food prep?

I use a pressure cooker for making soups so am trying to see if there's any benefit to having a dedicated soup maker?

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is the 22 minutes to make a soup just the cooking time? I assume it takes longer than that with food prep?

I use a pressure cooker for making soups so am trying to see if there's any benefit to having a dedicated soup maker?

22mins is the cooking time, yesterday while cooking dinner I thought while I had veg out I'd chuck some in the Soup Maker, roughly chopped 2 onions 3carrots 1 parsnip 1 potato and half a spoon of the most versatile reasonable seasoning I have come across took a 5 mins prep. Seasoning Lydl/Aldi not sure which less than £3. Big big jar.

image.jpg

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
On offer at Thurgo £39. ........ Free delivery too!!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Morphy Richards seem to do about 5 or 6 models. I think the one on offer at Thurgo Hilary is the earlier one. Any thoughts anyone else?

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A little while ago @buttons put a thread on wondering if Soup Makers were any good. I like others said nothing wrong with the good old fashioned way of doing it a pan then blending etc, which it have done for years.
Unbeknown to me my daughter bought me a soup maker for Christmas, to say I have I have changed my mind is an understatement .
Making all sorts of soup no mess takes 22mins, tastes great so I have to admit I was wrong. Loving my Soup Maker.

does it peel the vegetables?:D

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Murphy Richards seem to do about 5 or 6 models. I think the one on offer at Thurgo Hilary is the earlier one. Any thoughts anyone else?

Can't find a model number but this is what it looks like
image.jpg

The top of the Soup Maker

image.jpg

The soup maker.

Cost Approx £60.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.