swine flu, mandatory injections,your opinion? (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all, i have very strong opinions on this subject, i`d just like to know other peoples opinions , knowledge is power and all that :thumb:

I reject the offer of normal flue injections. I'm fit, I believe I can take flue if I do catch it so why should I add chemicals to my body.

I have just rejected statins offered because they advised it on the basic that my cholesterol percentage calculation was just at the advised treatment start level yet the "good" cholesterol was well in the safe limit but the "bad" one was low. An ecg showed my heart was perfect and I'm perfectly fit. The doctor said I may have a stroke later in life, I said I WILL die later.

It's medicine by numbers, they can go screw themselves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Like everythink else in the news these days it is blown up out of proportion.
I know several people who have rang their doctors with a cough or sniffle and been diagnosed with swine flu over the phone?
Dave

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I trust the medical service just about as much as I trust the politicians.

Doug...

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Have these flu injections been tested as exhaustively as other drugs have to be, before being available to the public. Or have these been rushed through? What is the reputation and success rate of the firm producing them?
A little research can make interesting reading.
Link Removed
Swine flu vaccine rushed through safety checks - Times Online
We need to see the scientific evidence.
Lucille

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I dont mind flu or any other injections but when they say its compulsory it is yet more evidence of the police state that has evolved here in the last 12 years :Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I trust the medical service just about as much as I trust the politicians.

Doug...

The politicians get mugged by the press, the medics by the press and the lawyers. And worse, they have this unhealthy attitude to heal at all costs.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This is the first time I've heard of mandatory injections for swine flu. Who has suggested it? I've just watched the news on ITV and the start of the news on BBC and neither of them reported it.

The last report I heard said that the first vaccines won't even be available until next month and there won't be enough to give them to all priority cases even by the end of this year.

In those circumstances how can anyone suggest a programme of mandatory injections?

Seems like any such suggestion you've heard, Junan, is just another stupid scare story put about by some idiot flying a kite.

For goodness sake, nobody panics in regard to annual winter flu, why should anyone panic in regard to swine flu?

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i used the new online NHS flu checker site yesterday for shirl.....

depending on the multiple choice answers ticked it tells you to either go to your doctor or ring 999 immediately'

nearly all the questions asked are primarily to see if you may have meningitis rather than swine flu:Doh:

so by my reckoning if it tells you to go to the docs you MAY have swine flu...
if it tells you to call 999 you MAY have meningitis.:Eeek:

so what happened to supplying you with an authorization code to take to your local health center to get Tamiflu medication?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have flu jab every year :thumb:

i got a request from my local abbatoir to be stuck like a pig.....

or 'the docs for a flu jab'.

couldnt understand why as i was only 50 and in reasonable health but i went anyway.

gave the receptionist the letter and she was baffled.

bloody stupid computer clerk:Angry:

waste of my time and theirs:Doh:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Its a plot to inject everyone with a tracker:Eeek:
dont listen to Graham he's one of them:Cool:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
I've been having flu shots each year for many years even when it was recommended that normal healthy adults should just put up with getting the 'flu. Could never see much point in suffering for a week just to get immunity to a strain that may never come around again.

This particular strain MIGHT turn out to be a huge concern and of course it might not. The authorities are damned if they do react conservatively and damned if they don't. I'm happy to leave it in their hands, just as as I was forced to when we lived and worked through the SARS debacle in China.

One thing you have going for you is that you are enjoying the 'flu off-season unlike us in Oz who are copping it now and over the next month of so.

Normal 'flue kills around 3000 people in Oz every year and closer to 40,000 in the USA and speaking for myself as a 60+ Grey Nomad, each year brings me closer to the point where I can't honestly claim to be a 'normal health adult" and instead am edging closer to the point where a supposedly minor virus might combine with another relatively mild condition and put me in intensive care or even in a pine box.

I'd wager that some of you scoffers are pretty much in the same boat.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
As a health care professional whom works a majorty of his time in A&E I always have the flu jab at winter time.

No one has ever said that the swine flu jab would be forced upon people :ROFLMAO:

People may be advised to take it, I will take it mainly to stop the spread of it to a vulnerable group of people that I work with as this is my reason for taking the flu jab.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Its a plot to inject everyone with a tracker:Eeek:
dont listen to Graham he's one of them:Cool:

Ah, but are you sure of that. I could just be letting you think that and it might really be Jill who is the tracker - never thought of that did you :Smile:

I have the winter flu jab every year as I have asthma and I'll have the piggy one for the same reason if advised to.

Listening to the radio this morning it appears that confusion has arisen in the last few days because people from organisations other than the government have opened their traps as foot receptacles. I think a government minister did as well - but when have they ever been right :Smile:

There are well established plans in both central and local authorities for dealing with a flu pandemic. They've been in place for several years since the WHO started warning of a winter flu pandemic. I recall discussing them when I was working in local government 4 or 5 years ago.

As Tony says, leave it in the hands of people who have actually thought about the implications and worked out contingency plans. They won't get everything right but they'll get a lot more right than anyone who panics as a result of red top scare stories.

Graham

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I don’t normally have the jab, but since I stopped smoking I have developed asthma.
I have recently had a phone call from 2 close friends, one works in the medical profession and the other runs a racecourse.

The nurse said that she was worried as the ‘normal’ plan of action has been put aside. For the 1st time ever they are having free conferences re swine flu.

The other friend has said that he has been told to make the racetrack facility available for the possibility of mass inoculation.

Me? I may have the jab- asthma!

Shiftzz

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
As a diabetic I have an annual flu jab. As this offers zero immunity to this strain I have to say Im concerned and will definitely be having one when it appears, hopefully it will be fully tested by then!

Howard

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
re swine flu jag

They wont have enough vials of the vaccine to make it mandatory:Doh:but as i have a disease that involves using immuno supprescent drugs i will be asking for it:thumb:

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
They wont have enough vials of the vaccine to make it mandatory:Doh:but as i have a disease that involves using immuno supprescent drugs i will be asking for it:thumb:

I am also in that situation and I think we will be automatically included the same as we are with the annual flu jab and the once only Pnuemonia jab.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i used the new online NHS flu checker site yesterday for shirl.....

depending on the multiple choice answers ticked it tells you to either go to your doctor or ring 999 immediately'

nearly all the questions asked are primarily to see if you may have meningitis rather than swine flu:Doh:

so by my reckoning if it tells you to go to the docs you MAY have swine flu...
if it tells you to call 999 you MAY have meningitis.:Eeek:

so what happened to supplying you with an authorization code to take to your local health center to get Tamiflu medication?

and the answer is........the authorities have put back the start date for the swine flu checker website until this week end so basicaly i checked her for meningitis:Doh:

crazylazy

Free Member
Apr 24, 2009
South East
Funster No
MH
Low-Profile
Exp
4 weeks.. twice out in it
i don’t normally have the jab, but since i stopped smoking i have developed asthma.
I have recently had a phone call from 2 close friends, one works in the medical profession and the other runs a racecourse.

The nurse said that she was worried as the ‘normal’ plan of action has been put aside. For the 1st time ever they are having free conferences re swine flu.

The other friend has said that he has been told to make the racetrack facility available for the possibility of mass inoculation.

Me? I may have the jab- asthma!

Shiftzz
horses for courses then!

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Im more worried about my reversing skills than I am about swine flu

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
the usa & uk have a future pension saga loomimg now a disease that culled a lot of them leaving mainly healthy people in tack would be handy?

the innoculations could also include a slow activating cancer to wipe a few more as only over 60's and disable would be eligable more savings.

donald rumsfelt is a major share holder in tamiflu which adds to speculation.

the above is not true as far as i know but could it be?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
the usa & uk have a future pension saga loomimg now a disease that culled a lot of them leaving mainly healthy people in tack would be handy?

the innoculations could also include a slow activating cancer to wipe a few more as only over 60's and disable would be eligable more savings.

:Doh::RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

WOW-
Have you thought about writing a book?

Are you always this scepticle?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

It's an evil conspiracy, I read it on the net so it must be true ... :roflmto:

Baxter Corporation makes the only cure for the Swine Virus and is facing massive layoffs and a sea of red ink. Like all evil corporations in movies they are behind the whole evil plot to make money in a massive conspiracy that goes all the way to the top.

May 22, 2008
Funster No
definite no to compulsory injections, how would they be able to police that? in our area they wan't to compulsory Fluoride the water system ,why, what ever happened to responsibility for ones own actions? :RollEyes::RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back