Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
And are you secretly hoping he won't be as fast as you in it?
He needs his ass kicked if he's not I'm 60 he is still young in comparison to me & he has more talent in his little finger than I have in my entire body. I wanted to spill the beans for ages but couldn't, had to wait for the official press release.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Motorcycle Racer Magazine
Jed.jpg

Chris Walker’s sidecar passenger for 2016 announced - and no, it's not Neil Hodgson and it's not me. Apparently he needs someone young and bendy

So, instead, Portsmouth based Jed Pilmoor-Brady finds himself catapulted into the limelight for 2016, as passenger for World and British Superbike star Chris Walker in his rookie sidecar season. Jed, at just twenty-one years of age, already has earned his stripes in the F1 sidecar paddock with a solid season last year assisting Ian Drowne to eleventh place in the final standings for Mick Robson Racing, and previously with Simon Gilbert and his G-Force racing team. This latest development is without doubt another significant milestone in his young career.

Jed (pictured, left - the kid on the right is technically too young to race in F1!) will have the responsibility of not only performing the task he knows and loves, but also imparting knowledge and advice to the eager ears of his new driver. He is very excited by the prospect of being part of the high profile Santander Salt team of three crews.
“I’m very honoured to be asked to passenger for Chris. He has had such a distinguished career on solos at the highest level and I’ve absolutely no doubt he will take to the outfit with equal determination. He has a two-year arrangement, so the plan is to use the early part of 2016 for Chris to find out how it all works, but at the same time aiming to put in some good lap times. Once we settle in together, we can only progress. This is a great opportunity for me, and I intend to grasp it with both hands”.

Brave kid!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Walker the Stalker great great rider a big favourite with the fans of BSB. Rode the Petronas for team Foggy in WSB. Also had a famous win in the torrential rain at Assen I think.
His best performance for us were the famous battles against Nei Hodgson in BSB what an epic season that was and some seriously tough racing between the two.
Good luck a fantastic normal down to earth guy who just loves racing.(y)(y)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Met Chris and his dad many years ago on the ferry back from Bilbao to the UK.
Sat in the bar chatting to them for a long while,lovely unassuming guy.
Saw him years later at a Crescent Suzuki open day in Bournemouth with his lovely wife,still the same,down to earth and time for everybody.I wish him the best of luck in his new venture.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
That is interesting news, thanks for sharing. May well rekindle my (and others) interest in that category, as I tend only to watch the 2 wheel racing.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
One of Chris's race engine's (ZX10R)with one of my dry sump kits fitted, just been rebuilt hope he beds it in nicely !!
dry sump.jpg

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I assumed he was racing FII ----- bloody hell FI this is going to be interesting to see.
No he is riding F1 at BSB on the bike I rode for the last few years at BSB with my passenger from last year, they test soon at Val de Vienne, Sadly we are not going :(

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
There's something magical when you look at billets of ally and metal all formed into a race engine. Very nice:)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
All our armoured vehicles run a dry sump system and it takes some doing with oil pumps, scavenge pumps and the like, but it does reduce the size and overall bulk and that allows designers to reduce the height of an equipment, meaning it's harder to spot, hit by another vehicle and be seen on a skyline.

Looks an awesome piece of engineering :clap:

Reactions: f6c
Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
No he is riding F1 at BSB on the bike I rode for the last few years at BSB with my passenger from last year, they test soon at Val de Vienne, Sadly we are not going :(

When are they testing at Val de Vienne please,it's just an hour from home in France,unlike most circuits nowadays they are very relaxed about spectators wandering in,would love to see them!.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I love race engineering.
I'm guessing the pump is driven from the gear box?
Also that looks a big capacity oil tank, any particular reason?
I did away with the mechanical water pump then took the drive for the scavenge pump from there, then used electric water pump, the tank capacity is a 6lt but you have to allow for air gap etc. With in reason the more oil the better its not working so hard, its out off the engine for longer so it cools better, its got more time to deaerate (very important)(y)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
The complete Kit

Old school sidecar outfit. We won the the Classic Race of the Year with it in the late '80's

1000cc Imp engine, Norton 5 speed box, one off primary drive. Built in 1972.
Front exit for the passenger - non of your namby pamby sitting quietly in the back!
I did passenger on a conventional TZ 750 - once! - I was busy!

impoutfit3_1.jpg

impoutfit_1.jpg

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Old school sidecar outfit. We won the the Classic Race of the Year with it in the late '80's

1000cc Imp engine, Norton 5 speed box, one off primary drive. Built in 1972.
Front exit for the passenger - non of your namby pamby sitting quietly in the back!
I did passenger on a conventional TZ 750 - once! - I was busy!
Excellent love old race photos, raced against a couple of Imp outfits Hill climbing in the early 90s(y)

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Love it(y) it brings back so many memories. How the hell do the guys today afford to go racing?

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Love it(y) it brings back so many memories. How the hell do the guys today afford to go racing?
The same as ever we cant but still do, we live in a typical racers house ie needs lots of work you just go with out stuff :ROFLMAO:(y)

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
FIRST REACTION: Chris "Stalker" Walker getting his first laps in a sidecar this morning

Stalker said after his first stint: "The first laps felt alien in every sense of the word. It is a new track for me with a new passenger, you have three wheels and it is six foot wide instead of two! It was my first go ever this morning and it's a completely different feeling because you are laying down instead of sitting down, still doing 150mph plus and you've got no front brake lever! I am definitely still smiling but there is lots and lots still to learn.”

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Thanks for posting his quote,down to earth as ever,sure he will master it.
Donkeys years on solos,first ride on an outfit put me off for life!!
Brave men all of you!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sidecar outfits, designed by the Devil.

I was asked, long ago, to deliver a sidecar outfit. OK, get on, kick the Triumph 650 into life, gear, go --- straight up a grass bank. Pulled it out of the hedge and much less go next time. I did drive/ride it right through Manchester and sort of got the hang of it before handing it over.

So what it must be like to get on a racing outfit for the first time I cannot imagine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back